Option Day Triflin'

Junkyard Willie

Could you explain what you mean by this please?

Called in sick from the ER one morning (1 hour prior to starting time) and the hula-hoop-eyed, chicken-neck jive turkey who answered wanted to argue, talkin' trash. So when they discharged me I made sure to get a doctor's note to prove I wasn't running a game on nobody.
The next day, management refused to even acknowledge the Dr. note so I filed it away.
Fast forward one week; I'm enjoying my vacation when I discover a letter in my mailbox. As I was on "an unexcused leave of absence" (an overnight stay in the hospital), the letter states that I had two days to explain myself or get seniority yanked out from under my feet.
No verbal, no written, no suspension.
I'll never call in again.

Junkyard Willie

Seniority revoked? No such thing. Your seniority is your seniority. They can't take away seniority.

If you're talking probation period, I highly doubt anyone not having made probation would have an option day to their name.

I've been bustin' my rump for years out here. And yeah, seniority revoked. Was out of sick days. Just thanking the Good Lord I have my health again as well as my job.

Been In Brown Too Long

Ex-Package Donkey
Called in sick from the ER one morning (1 hour prior to starting time) and the hula-hoop-eyed, chicken-neck jive turkey who answered wanted to argue, talkin' trash. So when they discharged me I made sure to get a doctor's note to prove I wasn't running a game on nobody.
The next day, management refused to even acknowledge the Dr. note so I filed it away.
Fast forward one week; I'm enjoying my vacation when I discover a letter in my mailbox. As I was on "an unexcused leave of absence" (an overnight stay in the hospital), the letter states that I had two days to explain myself or get seniority yanked out from under my feet.
No verbal, no written, no suspension.
I'll never call in again.
Well they won didn't they. "I'll never call in again" is their goal. All of what you just described is just horsesh#t. That is absolute harrassment. How do they want you to explain yourself? You gave them the doctor's note. No, verbal, written warnings? No steward in the office? File a harrassment grievance and staple a copy of their harassing letter to it.

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
Call in, ask to use an Option Day, argue with the kid who answers the phone and go back to bed (come to find out, this'll get your seniority revoked so just show up).
Huh?
This makes no sense.
Your seniority can't be revoke.
Management is being typical management and being totally disrespectful and obnoxious.
Management is the enemy.
Treat then as such and file a grievance for harassment

Junkyard Willie

Well they won didn't they. "I'll never call in again" is their goal. All of what you just described is just horsesh#t. That is absolute harrassment. How do they want you to explain yourself? You gave them the doctor's note. No, verbal, written warnings? No steward in the office? File a harrassment grievance and staple a copy of their harassing letter to it.

Dude wouldn't even let me hand the note to him. And I'm ashamed that I let these buster-brown, glorified preloaders win yet again.
In addition to taking your advice, after all these years of flying under the radar, I believe it's high time to get a big 'ol stack of grievances and do some filing. No more turning a blind eye to supes/managers handling packages, egregious safety hazards, lack of egress and especially the slick-talk we have to listen to every day.
By the end of next week these bozos are gonna be shuffling through more files than the Warren Commission.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
F12018A2-CB9B-41E8-A806-F143A8D12A1B.jpeg
Dude wouldn't even let me hand the note to him. And I'm ashamed that I let these buster-brown, glorified preloaders win yet again.
In addition to taking your advice, after all these years of flying under the radar, I believe it's high time to get a big 'ol stack of grievances and do some filing. No more turning a blind eye to supes/managers handling packages, egregious safety hazards, lack of egress and especially the slick-talk we have to listen to every day.
By the end of next week these bozos are gonna be shuffling through more files than the Warren Commission.

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
Bury them in grievances and let management know you don't care what they think, what the say or what they are going to threaten you with.

Management is the Enemy.
Give them no quarter.

Been In Brown Too Long

Ex-Package Donkey
Lack of egress comments, no big whoop. Management working = free money. Log the time, file. This harrassment stuff has to be filed on, especially your case. Harrassment for a hospital stay is unacceptable! Good luck!

35years

Gravy route
Be smart and play the game better than them.
Fax or e-mail the doctor's note to UPS immediately. That way they can not claim you did not inform them.
Call your business agent, also send him a scan of the doctor's note and the harassing letter.

You suffered harassment, file.
They also threatened not to follow progressive discipline, file.

Choose your battles. No need to bury them in grievances on unrelated stuff.
Fight for yourself, but be the smart one.