Oregon Stations : FXExpress

I'll be transferring to Oregon in approx. 13 months

I'm flexible where I go, and I like the entire state...but I know my home budget will go further in Salem or Eugene area...rather than the pricier Portland area.

I'm looking for any information (good or bad) about the FedEx stations in the state. I'm frequently on JCATS and have noticed a consistent need for help in Tualatin...not sure if that's a positive or negative.

Thanks

Express Courier

Random question about Oregon. I know it's illegal to pump your own gas there for some weird reason. Is this for everyone including Police etc?

Random question about Oregon. I know it's illegal to pump your own gas there for some weird reason. Is this for everyone including Police etc?
I'm not sure about state and city workers pumping their own gas...but I learned the hard way, that regular citizens cannot.
I heard it's just a way to cut into unemployment.

dezguy

That can only mean 1 thing. They can't keep help because the station sucks. Most likely bad management.

That or they landed a huge account and need bodies bad.

Ah, who am I kidding? We all know sales doesn't do anything. They don't even get off their asses to save the accounts we have, let alone get new ones.

TUT

You guys are terribly wrong about your sales teams.

You also describe it like a company losing volume, volume consistently grows for you, even in Express.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
You guys are terribly wrong about your sales teams.

You also describe it like a company losing volume, volume consistently grows for you, even in Express.

Uh, no. Express volume has grown, but most of it is Amazon or other large heavily discounted accounts. I know several sales reps who readily admit that they will try and sell Ground first due to the much higher profit potential.

Again, looking from the outside-in, it's clear you don't understand this business.

And our "Sales Team"? They get big bucks and drive fancy cars...we get an occasional donut, which equals zero incentive to help them out. Every sales "lead" I've turned-in in years has been an intentional wild goose chase/snipe hunt.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I'll be transferring to Oregon in approx. 13 months

I'm flexible where I go, and I like the entire state...but I know my home budget will go further in Salem or Eugene area...rather than the pricier Portland area.

I'm looking for any information (good or bad) about the FedEx stations in the state. I'm frequently on JCATS and have noticed a consistent need for help in Tualatin...not sure if that's a positive or negative.

Thanks

Oregon has no sales tax either, but they do have an income tax. I suspect that what ails Express is also widespread in OR, so you're not going to escape the dysfunction. It will just occur in a prettier environment.

TUT

Uh, no. Express volume has grown, but most of it is Amazon or other large heavily discounted accounts. I know several sales reps who readily admit that they will try and sell Ground first due to the much higher profit potential.

Again, looking from the outside-in, it's clear you don't understand this business.

And our "Sales Team"? They get big bucks and drive fancy cars...we get an occasional donut, which equals zero incentive to help them out. Every sales "lead" I've turned-in in years has been an intentional wild goose chase/snipe hunt.

I work more with your sales reps more then you do, since well they don't work with you, right? They will sell anything a customer wants and they have goals to hit on all services, which all point upwards, missing one costs them, they need to continually bring all of them up. They don't get into profit margins of services that is above them and ground can and does turn down business, as they have limits as well. So it isn't all ground all the time.

Sounds like you should have went to sales then, but it's tool late for you now.

Your Sales team has to handle and answer for any Fedex department mishaps, be it delivery, be it billing or whatever. When I can't get the right answers from the right dept they get the call from me. This is taxing on them, but I need answers, they have to do this with every account. They tell me it can be any hour on the clock since you are global, 11pm and still working isn't odd. So when you go home, they have a much harder time escaping. So it isn't all green on the other side, they work hard for you to.

We talked about sales leads, they don't want you to do it either, but the both of you are on directives from those above you. You know so much that Express Saver is still around, which you predicted it was going away, what a couple years ago, because ground was taking it over because "they" love ground and hate express. Still see and use it, yeah you are all knowing.

TUT

because "they" love ground and hate express. Still see and use it, yeah you are all knowing.
wtf are you talking about?

Search. He preached a while back Express Saver was going away because the company doesn't really want to do Express and Ground could take care of that volume and that was the secret plan. And here we are today, Express volume numbers up (check quarterly reports) and Express Saver still being sold as a service. Your sales people will take whatever their customers want to give them, less a couple volume related caveats.

There is a paranoia it seems with Express drivers here that you don't get the volume you could in Express because those above you don't want it to go Express but Ground. From various sales reps who sell the products, they do not understand where this feeling is coming from, there is a lot of pressure to sell more Express. Fedex publicly is on the record of wanting a better profit ratio with Express, one of the better ways to get there is to move more Express packages, definitely not less.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Sure they are, especially when there aren't enough people to deliver Amazon diapers and Top Ramen SDR. people.

You're complaining that that we're getting tons of Amazon volume? You're such a baby.

We're staffed well enough to make money on that freight. Maybe you should refuse to take Amazon freight because you're too good to handle it.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
You're complaining that that we're getting tons of Amazon volume? You're such a baby.

We're staffed well enough to make money on that freight. Maybe you should refuse to take Amazon freight because you're too good to handle it.

Sure we are. We can't even cover current volumes and here you are telling whopping lies that we can handle it. FedEx can't even get the freight to the stations on-time, much less deliver it on-time, but you already know that.

MT3 is calling...he says he needs a Brazilian Wax.