Orion Compliance

Ouch

I hate having to call up about 2 every day to ask do youto continue to follow orion and miss business, or do I break off Orion so I can make all my business stops.

Oh and the 5 miles I save driving is less then a gallon of fuel, but I get paid an extra 30 minutes to an hour to save that money.
I quit asking. They know exactly how much work you have left and exactly where you are. If they want to send me out to miss business, so be it.

Back first

I get to run my route my way because Orion is a joke! I beat Orion every day sometimes by 10 miles. Orion had me crossing divided highways. Real safe

Ouch

I et to run my route my way because Orion is a joke! I beat Orion every day sometimes by 10 miles. Orion had me crossing divided highways. Real safe
Hey just curious, did management tell you to run it your way? Curious if management in your area realize it's a joke. I don't blame you, some of the stuff I've seen and heard makes no sense. Passing stops to run stops, to come back to stops, stupid.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Does Orion have a percentage listed on the screen of the DIAD of your compliance. If management wanted you at 85%, you should have an updated compliance measure throughout the day.

BINGO

If we are being instructed to generate a meaningless number, we need some way to determine whether or not we are doing so throughout the day.

As drivers, we work in the real world and we dont have time to be performing mental math all day in order to jump through some ORION weenie's hoop.

The company has two options; brain "on" or brain "off". I can do my job as efficiently as possible while adjusting to real-world conditions, or I can go into "drone" mode and be 100% compliant even if the route fails as a result. I dont have the time, the math ability or the mental energy to waste on trying to generate a meaningless compliance metric. I have an actual job to do.

heybobby!

It's just another way to friend with drivers they are petty. example: turning off ice machine to save money after summer but every light my building is always on

HBGPreloader

Peak is over? Someone should let my center know.
I started at 1:50 this morning.
And, over the last week, I've been averaging 1,100 pieces a day loading 3 cars.

Back first

Hey just curious, did management tell you to run it your way? Curious if management in your area realize it's a joke. I don't blame you, some of the stuff I've seen and heard makes no sense. Passing stops to run stops, to come back to stops, stupid.
. We are supposed to run. 90% trace, but as long as we come under the miles they don't care. Orion is all about saving miles.

Ouch

[qe="davetri, post: 1261151, member: 30035"]. We are supposed to run. 90% trace, but as long as we come under the miles they don't care. Orion is all about saving miles.[/quote]
I think that's kind of funny. They are all about orion and how it will save money, and time. Yet they tell u on to run it and you can run it better than their system.

Ouch

They do everything they can to deskill the driver but yet they depend on you to save the company money with your decisions.

bumped

They will ask when you "normally" take your lunch? If your like me I take it at a different time everyday so that messes Orion up also. I think maybe I will start taking it when they have it, between 1300-1400. (Even though i only am a 20-10 guy they still figure an hour??)The only problem then I will be delivering business when doing pickups. That should get a few complaints.

Tell the customer if they have a problem with it, speak up now while the ride is going on. Don't wait 2 weeks and then gripe about it.

BrownArmy

I'm a cover driver.

I sort of can't wait till we get ORION; it's Keystone-Kops already, I can't imagine what implementing ORION will do for this clown-car set-up.

I feel bad - the members of my management team are more or less stand-up guys who try to do the right thing, even when their hands are tied behind their backs.

I'm going to feel embarrassed for them when they instruct me to back up in a driveway after years of telling me not to ever back up in a driveway.

It is what it is.

BrownChoice

I'm a cover driver.

I sort of can't wait till we get ORION; it's Keystone-Kops already, I can't imagine what implementing ORION will do for this clown-car set-up.

I feel bad - the members of my management team are more or less stand-up guys who try to do the right thing, even when their hands are tied behind their backs.

I'm going to feel embarrassed for them when they instruct me to back up in a driveway after years of telling me not to ever back up in a driveway.

It is what it is.

Sounds to me there will potentially be a big increase in the time spent backing, which could no doubt lead to a substantial increase in cost of damage to ups vehicles or customers property...

I will work as directed, but if its an option of making service & commit times for the people i see EVERYDAY or failing the route, it will be the former.

The Blackadder

Are you not amused?
I quit asking. They know exactly how much work you have left and exactly where you are. If they want to send me out to miss business, so be it.

I understand that thinking and I cant say I haven't thought about it. My problem is I like my customers and they depend on us, I still care aobut them. My problem is UPS just doesn't anymore that is the sad part.

Oh well they can always go to FedEx maybe they care I don't know how UPS thinks upsetting customers is good long term business.

Ouch

I uderstand that thinking and I cant say I haven't thought about it. My problem is I like my customers and they depend on us, I still care aobut them. My problem is UPS just doesn't anymore that is the sad part.

Oh well they can always go to FedEx maybe they care I don't know how UPS thinks upsetting customers is good long term business.
I thought the same way. My customers never once to got mad at me or took it out on me. They knew it was beyond me.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Sounds to me there will potentially be a big increase in the time spent backing, which could no doubt lead to a substantial increase in cost of damage to ups vehicles or customers property...

I will work as directed, but if its an option of making service & commit times for the people i see EVERYDAY or failing the route, it will be the former.
Word thats what im saying. Im trying to keep my 1k xmas bonus from my customers, feel me partner lol.

Pkgcar1988

So Orion person in charge now comes up to me this AM and says " you know the odometer on your truck is wrong,right?"
( was 24 miles over yesterday) I said well when the Orion trainer rode with me that's what they said after the first ride. So we checked it on the second ride to and from first and last stop dead on. Person says well I'm saying its wrong by up to 10 miles a day. I just say well whatever and walk off. What a joke. Just admit your million dollar program isn't always right!!!!!