Orion Dead??

MangoMango

The IT guy said the cradle that charges the diad will be collecting the data on how the route is run. So in other words, I am smarter than their 1 billion dollar software.

Undertow

I was told by my on road last week to not worry about following Orion anymore, but to bookmark my next stop every time. IT guy told me that Orion was going to "learn" how the route is run. Anyone else get told this?
That would fall somewhere between "Long Overdue" to "Too Good To Be True" because in the 6 years my building has been stuck with ORION, the only changes regarding it result into going from bad to worse. I have a small dead end street on my run that has all of ten homes on it and a couple weeks ago there were 7 different stops on that lone street. ORION had the trace set up for the driver to return to the street 6 different times over the course of the day. The program has and always will be a pathetic farce. Out of the half dozen rookie drivers that have been sent out on my car when I'm on vacation, only one of them made it through the entire day and that's because He refused to follow the ORION list. One still had over 75 stops left at 745pm after being sent out with 125. He never returned after that day and more and more new hires simply quit within two weeks after experiencing nothing but futility trying to follow it.

It might take every single new hire to walk away in that two week time span before upper management finally becomes forced to give up the charade and junk the thing.

JustDeliverIt

The IT guy said the cradle that charges the diad will be collecting the data on how the route is run. So in other words, I am smarter than their 1 billion dollar software.

This has always been the case. 95% of drivers with area knowledge are better than Orion. Orion is nothing more than a program to minimize miles and send the driver down the path it created, not to make sense. Most routes I ran (suburbs or city) were set up so easily in EDD and that's how I ran them. No turning around every 5 stops, going to the same street 3 times a day and all the other BS associated with Orion.

Ackerlin

don't worry guys amazon is advancing their robot test, soon you wont have to delivery anything.

Can't wait til I see the first models, and they send that thing out there to do some driver follow-ups.
20200725_205308.jpg

SafetyFirst

Hopefully 3.0 is better, but I remember when they were really trying to fix Orion solutions in the earlier stages of it's release and then just gave up after a week.

That turned into multiple battles with multiple drivers of management saying 90% ... Them doing it and management coming back saying ok don't follow it. Only to repeat this cycle endlessly, it's really mind numbing.

Ghost in the Darkness

I feel like if somebody from above would get off their asses and come ride along with one of us on a 300 stop day all of this Orion compliance crap would disappear...

C'mon now, thats a lot to ask of a sup to ride along and watch a driver do real work for a day...and to suffer getting done as late like the driver does.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
giphy.gif

I'm not burning out since I mainly a cover/utility driver for most of the year after Xmas 2019 peak.

6~7 days a week, but no where close to a typical brownie's workload

Did probably had covid back in February or March, but didn't get tested; just worked thru it.

Dog days of summer, not affected my work since I'm in a rental with ice cold Air Conditioning.

Make garbage routes, then perform "rescues" by helping out others drivers in my van line as needed.

watdaflock?

SkyNet looks for UPS trucks that don't have their diad in the cradle and doesn't follow Orion to at least 90% and then terminates them after several warning letters. Also don't have late air or your :censored2:ed. Just :censored2:ed. But just as it comes it for the termination, there is a sudden noGPS fix followed by a shift inhibit and the Orion self terminates.
giphy.gif

Hot Carl

I ditched Orion less than a week into my 30 days. It became clear very quickly I was never gonna make it if I didn't. Management for the most part doesn't even bother with it anymore.

Yesterday, I had a split route with over 200 stops all stuffed into a rental truck with no shelves. To add insult to injury, Orion completely scrambled everything. Wanted me to drive 7+ miles from one area to another multiple times throughout the day. They finally sent me help at around 19:00.

But I followed it stop-for-stop today just for fun since I actually had the space to do it. I delivered to two houses on the same street about 4-5 hours apart. Punched out at 18:45 on a 145 stop day.

God I love this company.

Bluefootedoobie

Damage Inc.
Orion. Lolol. center manager flipped out on me one day, told me I better follow Orion stop for stop the entire day or else, after my 5th week in a row of free 9.5 money. Told him OK see ya at 10:30 and walked out laughing. Guy came chasing after me as I was driving out of the building practically crying and told me to forget Orion. Lolol.
:censored2: him. Harrd.

Johney

It might take every single new hire to walk away in that two week time span before upper management finally becomes forced to give up the charade and junk the thing.
That would never happen as they will always have an endless supply of people wanting to become drivers.