Orion Dead??

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
The way it was explained to me was that the latest version of ORION is going to learn from us, and so we've come full circle. I spent years telling them, for free, the best way to run routes.

ORION is proof that it is possible for a company to have too much money.

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
ORION theoretically works within a certain stop count threshold. Anything above that and it :censored2:s the bed. It's amazing to me how ORION will actually make sense at 8:45am but as soon as one more saver comes down at 8:47, ORION has explosive diarrhea and starts randomly throwing stops anywhere and everywhere. And don't even get me started on pickups....

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
ORION theoretically works within a certain stop count threshold. Anything above that and it :censored2:s the bed. It's amazing to me how ORION will actually make sense at 8:45am but as soon as one more saver comes down at 8:47, ORION has explosive diarrhea and starts randomly throwing stops anywhere and everywhere. And don't even get me started on pickups....
I don’t mind running Orion when I have room to work and walk down the truck. Take a couple minutes and set up the stops, no big deal. Doesn’t matter to me. It might be stupid but it is what it is

When I have to touch every package three times and work my way through a jungle gym to make service it’s creating more wear and tear on my already sore body. That’s when I get pi***d off.

The Driver

I drive.
The way it was explained to me was that the latest version of ORION is going to learn from us, and so we've come full circle. I spent years telling them, for free, the best way to run routes.

ORION is proof that it is possible for a company to have too much money.

Hope you’re right. But at what point will the “learning” translate into a more sensible order in the board, I wonder? Think the company will do an update at some point and cause these routes to make sense again?

a911scanner

When they eliminate "backing" from Orion, it might actually be a good program.

It would end up routing in an RDO format, the way we all deliver when we know better.

DOK

I was told by my on road last week to not worry about following Orion anymore, but to bookmark my next stop every time. IT guy told me that Orion was going to "learn" how the route is run. Anyone else get told this?
Dynamic Orion coming to a center near you within a month, it adjusts on the fly I’m told.

Poop Head

Judge me.
Thats your reminder that you have to file a grievance because you just delivered a Surepost package to a business stop. Its in the contract. Give it a read.
The way i always understood it, was ups cant give those pieces to the P.O. we gotta deliver them.

Yes, commercial sureposts go to the P.O. all the time.
Yes, the software the shippers use shouldn't allow them to send surepost to comm addresses.
Yes, the software shouldnt allow them to send pkgs over 10 lbs surepost .

The Driver

I drive.
Dynamic Orion coming to a center near you within a month, it adjusts on the fly I’m told.

1595855463262.gif