ORION Demonstration On YouTube.

SCV good to go sir.

I appreciate Dragon's input and applaud him for doing so in spite of all of the negative feedback he gets.
That's very noble of you. The issue with extending such courtesy is that unreasonable people often take a mile when you give them an inch (any by no means am I advocating is this problem exclusive to UPS management, I'm sure the same could be said about drivers and our customers). Having said that, Orion (in its current incarnation) has flaws that make it fall short of not only the hype from higher up in the company, but being effective in the field as well. That's just the objective truth, which is the reason these promotional videos are being ridiculed. If Dragon can't acknowledge that Orion has major problems and is going to come into this topic and belittle the rest of us, then I don't believe his opinion should be given serious consideration. Nevertheless, I do respect you doing so.

I don't want Orion to be a pos. I want UPS's investment to pay off, because if the company does well, we do well. However, nothing is going to improve, if the people hailing the product refuse to acknowledge its shortcomings.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
That's very noble of you. The issue with extending such courtesy is that unreasonable people often take a mile when you give them an inch (any by no means am I advocating is this problem exclusive to UPS management, I'm sure the same could be said about drivers and our customers). Having said that, Orion (in its current incarnation) has flaws that make it fall short of not only the hype from higher up in the company, but being effective in the field as well. That's just the objective truth, which is the reason these promotional videos are being ridiculed. If Dragon can't acknowledge that Orion has major problems and is going to come into this topic and belittle the rest of us, then I don't believe his opinion should be given serious consideration. Nevertheless, I do respect you doing so.

I don't want Orion to be a pos. I want UPS's investment to pay off, because if the company does well, we do well. However, nothing is going to improve, if the people hailing the product refuse to acknowledge its shortcomings.
Well said.

clean hairy

Yeah I sent a message on diad other day stating I had an over 120 pound package going up to the 3rd floor with no elevator and customer didn't have a male available at home to help, they were like theres no way you can do it? I said nope, im getting a driver assist and im not doing it lol. So I had to wait for 45 min( sux huh getting paid a 2nd lunch break lmfao) til the other driver came and helped and this was like 715 at night lmfao. They wanna play the game 2 can play it sucka lmfao.
At least you followed orion, but how did orion recalculate the other drivers route for the break from its plan so he could help you?

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
You guys are full of it...you act like you were doing a better job before Orion. Reducing miles, working shorter hours - ya right. You cannot afford to work less than 10 hours a day. I see it everyday, 150 stops eta 730, 145 stops eta 725 etc, etc, etc.

Quit your whining...
You and I know that Orion doesn't work in the real world on most routes if you actually follow it. The only thing Orion has done to benefit anyone is to make drivers more cognizant of mileage and to make it a focus. Any actual benefit of Orion could have been achieved as well or better by asking drivers to reduce mileage.

Guys following orion arent saving anything in most cases. Its the guys who dont want to follow orion and as a result make changes to their normal trace to be more efficient so they dont have to run orion who actually generate savings.

Boulevard859710

Yeah 8 seconds to retrieve package from the back. Takes 2 to 4 seconds just to get out of seat and if the key fob works correctly and who knows how long its going to take to find out where Hellen Keller hid the package your looking for lol. If it snows- drivers fault, it it rains- drivers fault, gas prices go up- drivers fault, everything is the drivers fault EVEN THOUGH OUR PROBLEM IS TO SOLVE THE PROBLEMS THAT THESE FREAKIN IDIOTS CREATE FOR US EVERYDAY lmfao. All we do is babysit a bunch of dumbasczzes who get paid 6 figures to buck everything up every freakin day lol.
Couldn't have put it better myself. Their numbers are bull:censored2: and become null and void because of the :censored2:ty loads we get everyday.

The "optimal" solution the computer gave before they left crossed over itself. This means a shorter path exists due to the triangle inequality. This is arguably the most obvious property when trying to optimize the TSP.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I appreciate Dragon's input and applaud him for doing so in spite of all of the negative feedback he gets.
I appreciate Dragon's input also, but I sure wish he would step away from the brown Kool Aid for a minute and admit to the patently honest fact that ORION is a joke.

Last edited:

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
For me it boils down to a very simple question.

Do you want me to get the route finished, or do you want me to follow ORION?

Pick one.

Overpaid Union Thug

I appreciate Dragon's input also, but I sure wish he would step away from the brown Kool Aid for a minute and admit to the patently honest fact that ORION is a joke.

That Kool Aid affect is the notion that there is nothing wrong with ORION and that if us dumb, overpaid, lazy drivers would just follow it then it would work.