Orion!!! DRIVERS HELP!!

Union guy

They do now,they approve training packets if u don't hit ur miles u don't get qualified I've seen it now with about 8 trainees it is 100% true here in the Gateway to the Midwest state.just wondering if u guys no if anyone has filed on it

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Everything about planned time and planned staffing does. Actual people decisions have nothing to do with IE.

e.g. IE was involved in the decision for the center to have 85 assigned drivers.

IE doesn't tell that center that driver Harry Balls is, or isn't, one of those 85.
I guess I should start including LOL in my comments when I am attempting humor.

rod

Retired 22 years
Everything about planned time and planned staffing does. Actual people decisions have nothing to do with IE.

e.g. IE was involved in the decision for the center to have 85 assigned drivers.

IE doesn't tell that center that driver Harry Balls is, or isn't, one of those 85.

I had a Harry Deal on my route. Balder than a billiard ball.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
They do now,they approve training packets if u don't hit ur miles u don't get qualified I've seen it now with about 8 trainees it is 100% true here in the Gateway to the Midwest state.just wondering if u guys no if anyone has filed on it
Except that isn't how it works. They're using it as an out.

Luke Thighrocker

IE does not make that decision.
Aye, the company does.

Each center is told how many RTDs they need to qualify.

Last year, my center "qualified" a driver who struck a building and another who had a roll away into a parked vehicle. In their first 30 days.

What tier would this accidents fall under?

Peak season approaches and Atlanta wants asses in seats.

Edit: Because, I don't want to derail OP's thread.

Is there an article in the Collective Bargaining Agreement that pertains to Orion?

They pay us to work as instructed. Not what we think is best.

There's no language in the contract that will protect an hourly from disobeying instructions. The exception lies in the question of morality and safety.

Would following or failure to follow Orion trace fall in that category? Do you think a panel hearing your grievance would see it your way?

Last edited:

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Follow Orion as close to 100% as possible. It's their plan. Only break for commits and oca. We are not payed to think. I was begged not to follow it. I said no. I have no incentive, not to follow it. It makes me more money. It is for the 18 contract. They want any one off the street to follow a map with dots on it. As we are walking for concessions

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Has any one got the monitors in the back of the bulk head yet? We will then be shown the route that Orion wants you to follow for each stop. Orion will be up our asses at the end of 17. Each time you break trace you teach it. Follow your dispatchers plan. Can't touch you for their plan

El Correcto

god is dead
Has any one got the monitors in the back of the bulk head yet? We will then be shown the route that Orion wants you to follow for each stop. Orion will be up our asses at the end of 17. Each time you break trace you teach it. Follow your dispatchers plan. Can't touch you for their plan
Sure they can, service failures.

Overpaid Union Thug

When our center starting pushing ORION again I quickly got back in the 9.5 list. Everyone should. ORION + the 9.5 list equals less stops for the same money I was already making. Seems like a no brainer to me.

Union guy

Where do they have monitors in the back of the trucks?

onehandsolo

Recently I.E. Told the district and the division manager that the management team at my center as not embraced Orion and that we should be running 10 more stops per car.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

I'm assuming you mean the "Gateway to the West".

That being the case.... you're in the Central Region.

ARTICLE 1-PROBATIONARY EMPLOYEES-SEASONAL EMPLOYEES

Section 1

(a) Probationary employees: a new employee shall work under the provisions of this Agreement but shall be employed only on a thirty (30) working day trial basis, during which period he/she may be discharged without further recourse;

https://teamster.org/sites/teamster.org/files/06242014_77983_central_region-final.pdf

Here is where you will have trouble.

The company doesn't even need a reason.

But.... go ahead and grieve it.

If their doing it there, they will start doing it everywhere.

Include the Master Language on Technology.

-Bug-