Orion-My management team against theirs. Guess who's in the middle?

slantnosechevy

Slant

You have no idea what you are talking about. He said less stress and that's it. I don't know one person who drive a package car until they were 60 let alone 65. The reason some people can't ever use Orion is because the amount of bulk they have daily never goes away. It's pretty difficult to get that package out of the 7000 section if the back of your truck is packed side to side and top to bottom.

As far as over allowed, people get questioned every day. Even the 100% trace Orion guys. You have no idea what no pakage car drivers go through working in the feeder department. I'm sure most people can work til they are 65 if they aren't delivering 140 stops a day plus pickups. Just concentrate on Pat's defense fund good buddy.

slantnosechevy

You really need to take some reading enhancement courses as well as writing. I know more about driving a package car and feeders than you do..... obviously. You continue to show how much you lack a backbone. UPS only intimidates those who let them. People get questioned but are they disciplined? It's part of the game. When's the last time someone was written up for following their instructions. We have 3 guys in their 60's driving a package car and are laughing at all the whining about Orian. It's a license to steal. Work safe and at a steady pace. Follow the methods and a person will survive doing this job as long as he has to. Work as if they're in the jump seat next to you and you'll make it to the finish line. It really is less stress. It allows you to pay more attention to the really important thing and that's driving safely. The driver is still the driver. There will always be exceptions that come up during the day. That's why you make what you do. The people struggling with Orian have struggled since they were hired on any route they've run.

By the way, what does.... "you have no idea what no pakage car drivers go through working in the feeder department", mean? And what does that have to do with Orian.

Flynn will be fine no matter what happens. I think you should be the first to write the hall a check to repay the $150 for the gift card you received and made purchases with. Especially since you know ALL the facts and presume he's guilty. Why didn't you return it then being as smart as you are........ Thought so.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Slant

As far as over allowed, people get questioned every day. Even the 100% trace Orion guys. You have no idea what no pakage car drivers go through working in the feeder department. I'm sure most people can work til they are 65 if they aren't delivering 140 stops a day plus pickups. Just concentrate on Pat's defense fund good buddy.
hahhaha now THAT is funny!

why allow yourself to be 'questioned' about Overallowed?
My oncar KNOWS better than to talk that rot with me as I smile and ask if they can show me where in the contract it says I must perform the route in a certain amount of time?
you guys kill me sometimes, i swear

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Orion has been a mixed bag for me. My area has had it for going on two years now. Our dispatch team and the Orion team actually listened to most (I stress most) of the bid drivers and cover drivers with good area knowledge when routing the loops. I've covered a couple of routes blind that Orion actually made/makes sense on. I feel that because my dispatch team listens to us it has been somewhat of a success, but only because they are willing to do the work and make the changes we (as drivers) need them to. I can only imagine how bad some of the half hearted efforts have screwed up some centers...

Sent using BrownCafe App
The technology behind ORION is actually quite impressive, and if the company were to take its time and do a thorough, methodical implementation of each route, with input from the affected drivers, it could be successful.

But that's not what we do at UPS. We spend millions on new hardware and technology... and then do the implementation half-assed and on the cheap. We don't focus on making it work....we focus on generating whatever metric some nitwit in Atlanta decides to chase that day.

If UPS sponsored a NASCAR team with this kind of mentality, it would spend millions on a high-tech chassis and a high-powered engine for the car....and then decide to save a few bucks at the last minute by mounting up a set of $99 Walmart tires to the wheels and when the driver was unable to keep the car from sliding off of the track he would be issued a warning letter and forced to recite acronyms.

710 steward

hahhaha now THAT is funny!

why allow yourself to be 'questioned' about Overallowed?
My oncar KNOWS better than to talk that rot with me as I smile and ask if they can show me where in the contract it says I must perform the route in a certain amount of time?
you guys kill me sometimes, i swear

I didn't say I did but I watch the Sups talk with the younger drivers every day. No matter how many times we as stewards tell them they don't have to answer any of the questions it continues. These people also refuse to file. None of us stewards can help because the young guys don't want any of us to get involved. They just run faster. This is the sad fact of life. Hopefully they wise up.

710 steward

Slant

First it's Orion and not Orian. That is pretty funny consider you accused me of need reading and writing comprehension classes.

You are like a fart in a wind storm. You are all over the place and cannot stay on subject. I NEVER said anyone was getting written up. You brought it up. If it ever tried to get that far a stewards protest is coming if the member refused to file the paperwork themselves and that would be just the starter.

Those 3 members that are package car drivers are the exception and definitely not the rule. My guess is those are high mileage and low volume routes. Most people find it difficult to deliver after 55. You don't know anything about package car if you don't realize that. My building has yet to have one driver make it to 60 as a delivery driver. The oldest to date was a 57 year old and his body couldn't handle the day to day grind.

As far as Orion is concerned, you were oblivious to what I said. If your truck is so full you can't get go a particular section, Orion is obsolete. A package car driver knows and understands those statements. A feeder driver does not. The word "no" was supposed to be "any." It's a typo. They happen.

Unfortunately Slant, you are a follower and believe everything you are told. You are naïve and believe that you are untouchable. My guess is a lot of your coworkers have a lot of fun at your expense when you aren't around. Please don't give package car advice feeder driver. You have no idea what that life is like.

slantnosechevy

I didn't say I did but I watch the Sups talk with the younger drivers every day. No matter how many times we as stewards tell them they don't have to answer any of the questions it continues. These people also refuse to file. None of us stewards can help because the young guys don't want any of us to get involved. They just run faster. This is the sad fact of life. Hopefully they wise up.

There's obviously a reason they don't want YOU involved. Even if they don't grow some and step in anyway. From what I've been told by people in your building, that's the norm.
To date I believe there are 15 buildings in 710 jurisdiction with 60 and over package car drivers. There are more than you know out there all over the country.
If you can't reach something in the 7000's or you can't run trace and get airs off on time then skip the stops. Get them later it's only one trace break......you can do things like that and still run upper 90%. You are such a drama queen, relax. It's $$$$$$$$$$$

oldupsman

You really need to take some reading enhancement courses as well as writing. I know more about driving a package car and feeders than you do..... obviously. You continue to show how much you lack a backbone. UPS only intimidates those who let them. People get questioned but are they disciplined? It's part of the game. When's the last time someone was written up for following their instructions. We have 3 guys in their 60's driving a package car and are laughing at all the whining about Orian. It's a license to steal. Work safe and at a steady pace. Follow the methods and a person will survive doing this job as long as he has to. Work as if they're in the jump seat next to you and you'll make it to the finish line. It really is less stress. It allows you to pay more attention to the really important thing and that's driving safely. The driver is still the driver. There will always be exceptions that come up during the day. That's why you make what you do. The people struggling with Orian have struggled since they were hired on any route they've run.

By the way, what does.... "you have no idea what no pakage car drivers go through working in the feeder department", mean? And what does that have to do with Orian.

Flynn will be fine no matter what happens. I think you should be the first to write the hall a check to repay the $150 for the gift card you received and made purchases with. Especially since you know ALL the facts and presume he's guilty. Why didn't you return it then being as smart as you are........ Thought so.

Just an IMHO from a 32 year package car driver who is retired and has never dealt with Orion. I'd be one of those 60 year old guys laughing at this.
Work safe, work steady, do what you're told to do. No more being overloaded(Oh sorry). No more "What's the problem". It's their
guidelines. Those 60 year old guys are laughing because they're doing less work than they ever did. And making more money then ever.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I am still waiting for them to take some work off me, I have 40 more. But today I gave them a 9pm, eta, signed my 9.5 grievance this am, and had no problem working for 99 bucks an hour. ( I am only 56, I thought I was 57 til I discovered in June, that I was 56, so I am young and spry) :beersmiley:It is the first time I ever got help. Im sure I am gonna pay for it. I didnt even know how to transfer stops in the diad. But its a new world and we have to finish the marathon.

O

OLDMAN3

I am still waiting for them to take some work off me, I have 40 more. But today I gave them a 9pm, eta, signed my 9.5 grievance this am, and had no problem working for 99 bucks an hour. ( I am only 56, I thought I was 57 til I discovered in June, that I was 56, so I am young and spry) :beersmiley:It is the first time I ever got help. Im sure I am gonna pay for it. I didnt even know how to transfer stops in the diad. But its a new world and we have to finish the marathon.

Just keep filing, they will tire of writing the checks. If you file each and every time, they will start bumping down your stop count. It is a whole new ball game with this new contract. The combination of triple time penalties and the threat of the Union actually setting dispatch levels has changed the way things have worked at UPS for decades. You deserve to get help after all these years of getting smashed with stops. Let the gutless wonders who won't file take the stops.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Too how old were you when you started driving???

oldngray

nowhere special

I learned how to transfer stops in the DIAD. Always from people I had to go help. Those people who always gave away stops knew how to do it.

oldngray

nowhere special
So would I, but one was OK. I dont know how, I was adding and subtracting wrong, LOL.

Did you use Orion math?
Fail And Funny Pictures 018.jpg