orion system abandoned???

paidover95

UPS was putting the new system orin in our building.They spent about a year trying to install it.Then all of a sudden the coprate guys dissappered,and they said its on hold.We heard they spent approx 14 million$ installing the system in 4 buildings.Maybe the whole system is being squashed.Anyone hear anything about this,or what is happening???

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Not sure which spelling is correct, I heard it pronounced Orion, sounds like a pretty cool system. Much like the PAS sytem with major upgrades. If what I've heard is correct (or more so if I remember it correctly) the system can actively readjust EDD while delivering to make the rte more efficient.

pretzel_man

UPS was putting the new system orin in our building.They spent about a year trying to install it.Then all of a sudden the coprate guys dissappered,and they said its on hold.We heard they spent approx 14 million$ installing the system in 4 buildings.Maybe the whole system is being squashed.Anyone hear anything about this,or what is happening???

Where's P-Man when we need him?

I was waiting to see what people said. The facts in the original post are wrong.

The corporate guys told me that the system was not stopped. They are waiting for the district restructuring to complete.

It did NOT cost $14M to install in 4 buildings.

Dill is right. It does reorder EDD.

I'm looking forward to corporate testing this thing. They are moving slow purposely. I think that is good.

P-Man

I was waiting to see what people said. The facts in the original post are wrong.

The corporate guys told me that the system was not stopped. They are waiting for the district restructuring to complete.

It did NOT cost $14M to install in 4 buildings.
the U.S. pulls its forces from Iraq and Afghanistan, and stops the drone strikes in Somalia and Yemen and in Pakistan, and stops the occupation of Muslim lands, and stops killing the Muslims, and stops reporting the Muslims to its government, we will be attacking U.S
Dill is right. It does reorder EDD.

I'm looking forward to corporate testing this thing. They are moving slow purposely. I think that is good.

P-Man
So this system reorders EDD as the day goes? according to GPS? does this restart trace?

UPSGUY72

The building that I got bumpped out just started with it in Feb. they said that the people would be there about a year. Haven't heard anything else. I have to check.

bigbrownhen

So we don't have to hit the big arrow to hold the list in place, you scan a pkg and it automaticly will put you in the order for that neighborhood. Do I understand this correctly?

Re-Raise

Wow I am sure that sounds awesome sitting around the office.

Do they really think we are so stupid we can't break trace and find our way back? They really are planning on training monkeys to take our place aren't they?

JustTired

free at last.......
Sounds to me like the system will do what any good driver was doing long before EDD was invented.

I think it's another example of spending a lot of time and money to bring those few drivers, who can't think for themselves, in line. At the same time tying the hands of those drivers who were saving this company miles and time (ie. money) on a daily basis.

Technology.......being used to bring mediocrity to the masses.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Wow I am sure that sounds awesome sitting around the office.

Do they really think we are so stupid we can't break trace and find our way back? They really are planning on training monkeys to take our place aren't they?

Sounds to me like the system will do what any good driver was doing long before EDD was invented.

I think it's another example of spending a lot of time and money to bring those few drivers, who can't think for themselves, in line. At the same time tying the hands of those drivers who were saving this company miles and time (ie. money) on a daily basis.

Technology.......being used to bring mediocrity to the masses.

Hmmmm

C

chitterling

orion is a disaster car is loaded by pas labels and gutted full as ususal then the genius orion may tell you to start in sec. 7 of course you have to unload the whole car to find the pkg that prelaod didn't bother to seq.# then load back up for the next random stop orion geniuses are telling drivers to back into driveways instead of continuing thru cul de sacs first rule of backing don't back businesses are getting missed because it don't know one stop class from another it's tough enough digging thru blown out cars daily without having to randomly jump from section to section breaks every rule in the book drivers already are seeing big problems that are causing them to runMORE miles i took 2 days of my human life to set my edd perfectly think a computer can do that and tell me where is safe to stop and where to cut thru back yards to keep from getting rear ended ,NOTTTTTT!!!! somebody better back up and see that they are being sold an IDEA not any sort of solution as usual these folks see a dot on a piece of paper and have no realistic view of the complexity of how we keep our customer's needs met

GolfCart

What ever is the WRONG thing to Do !! UPS will TRY IT !!! The upper people who make up the rules , are just CRAZY people who sit at desk and never drove .

GolfCart

I run 85-90 % to trace now , if they change anything I guess they will be screwed . I am taking care of my customers 1 st , they are my friends , and MY customers , so I will yake care of THEM !