New Gas System

Santashelper1

I'm not sure the exact details of the system, but all I know is that our gas tanks aren't being filled up daily anymore. I believe they are judging by miles per route. We have had about 3-4 drivers since this new system started that have ran out of gas and had to put their own $$ into the tank. I for one will never put my own $$ into a ups truck tank, and when I said this to an on road sup, his response was "you will if I tell you to".

If there is one thing ups should leave alone and not mess around with... is the gas tanks. Just went out yesterday with a half of a tank. Route only gets about 60 miles, but what if there are misloads? Or a driver needs help?

Is this happening anywhere else? Is there anything we can do?

DieHardUPSER

I haven't driven in 4 years but part of the pretrip used to be checking the gas level in the PC and if I did not have enough I would fill up before leaving. Do you guys not check anymore?

Indecisi0n

Who cares. Run out of gas and send in a message and only DIAD message to report you need a tow truck to bring you gas and your not using your own money. Few times of this should fix the problem.

Who cares. Run out of gas and send in a message and only DIAD message to report you need a tow truck to bring you gas and your not using your own money. Few times of this should fix the problem.
Running out of gas is always the drivers fault. Incomplete pretrip. We have had drivers run out of gas before and they wished they hadn't.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I'm not sure the exact details of the system, but all I know is that our gas tanks aren't being filled up daily anymore. I believe they are judging by miles per route. We have had about 3-4 drivers since this new system started that have ran out of gas and had to put their own $$ into the tank. I for one will never put my own $$ into a ups truck tank, and when I said this to an on road sup, his response was "you will if I tell you to".

If there is one thing ups should leave alone and not mess around with... is the gas tanks. Just went out yesterday with a half of a tank. Route only gets about 60 miles, but what if there are misloads? Or a driver needs help?

Is this happening anywhere else? Is there anything we can do?
Nope I've had to have sups drive 50 miles at 9 pm to put gas in my ups truck. My money isn't going in there period.

Luckily now we all have gas cards in our trucks.

moldsporh

It's part of your pretrip. If the tank isn't full, fill it up. If you can't get the pumps on or not able to fill the tank, let your supervisor know.

Now it's not on your hands.

gman042

Been around the block a few times
Trucks should be fueled everyday. What does it matter if you put 5 gallons in one day or 15 gallons in after 3 days. The cost is still the same. Topped off every night.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
IMG_1109.GIF

Just eat enough tacos, you'll never run out of gas!

TheFigurehead

Trucks should be fueled everyday. What does it matter if you put 5 gallons in one day or 15 gallons in after 3 days. The cost is still the same. Topped off every night.

You say that like UPS has shown any logic or reason when it comes to "costs" at any time in the last 20 years. It's the same old same old $h!+. It's going to be great for business when people find out they didn't get their package on time because the truck it is on is sitting on the side of the road with no gas... but, hey, at least some middle manager will look good on some random, useless report, right? That's, clearly, what's important.

jaker

trolling
Hey now it took me long to time to get the report together to show how much money we can save by not fueling cars daily

Why go out with a full tank everyday when you only need half a tank because Orion shows how many miles you traveled and I know how many miles you get to a gallon of gas

And yes I understand that you might have to break off and do something else but really now how often does that happen and if you are one of the few that it does happen to well we can blame you for not doing a proper pre trip and now it's your fault and not mine

So win win

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
You say that like UPS has shown any logic or reason when it comes to "costs" at any time in the last 20 years. It's the same old same old $h!+. It's going to be great for business when people find out they didn't get their package on time because the truck it is on is sitting on the side of the road with no gas... but, hey, at least some middle manager will look good on some random, useless report, right? That's, clearly, what's important.

okay now think about the time involved in walking to the vehicle, traveling it to the gas pump, traveling it back to park, etc.

think about what work isn't being accomplished because of this wasted travel time, like cleaning or washing

anyways, if you run out of gas on road, you failed to follow methods & procedures in your pre-trip; in my district you'd have the week off to think about activating your brain next time

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
okay now think about the time involved in walking to the vehicle, traveling it to the gas pump, traveling it back to park, etc.

think about what work isn't being accomplished because of this wasted travel time, like cleaning or washing

anyways, if you run out of gas on road, you failed to follow methods & procedures in your pre-trip; in my district you'd have the week off to think about activating your brain next time
On more than one occasion I've driven enough miles to go from full to empty in one day.