New Gas System

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
just wrong same as if you borrowed some ones personal vehicle and left it empty, it's just lazy in my center I know who a couple of the non-fillers are, runners and lunch burners that think they are better than every other driver. I know some routes can go Two or three days in between fills but if it's not your route cover drivers fill the damn truck.
If it's a route that uses a quarter tank and its full when I take it out I'm not filling it up. Tough :censored2:.

JL 0513

The other problem is the old diesel PC's that have broken gas gauges. Of course these don't get fixed but I'm sure it's the cover driver's fault if we were to run out of fuel.

Star B

White Lightening
We all have our personal fuel cards and fill up offsite. Works great. Only time it sucks is when the previous driver decided that 1/4 tank is AWESOME on a 250mi+ route.

"Hey, I had a late because $SUPER_SENIOR_COVER_DRIVER decided to leave the truck damn well near empty."

MC0493

Nothing more annoying than starting the day with zero fuel. I'm a cover driver and will atleast leave you sufficient fuel to get through a good portion of your day. I try to treat the vehicle as if i'll be in it the next day. I would say topping off every night is a bit pointless. I'll usually let it get down to a 1/4 tank and then fill up.

Nike

Do you fill up your personal vehicle everyday? The cost is the same when topped off every night...

Pre-trip...will take care of it.

Didn't realize I'd be delivering packages out of my nissan, smh.
We're a package delivery company, it makes no sense to not keep all of our trucks topped off and in working order every night. Only a fool would risk running out on half a tank on a route when there was no need to.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Didn't realize I'd be delivering packages out of my nissan, smh.
We're a package delivery company, it makes no sense to not keep all of our trucks topped off and in working order every night. Only a fool would risk running out on half a tank on a route when there was no need to.

I average 50 miles per day. I can easily go 3 days on a full tank. No need to top off every day.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
we have washers that fuel and park the package cars. one time i had to bring gas to a driver and the shop had no gas can.

Indecisi0n

I wish drivers would check and fill the crankcase oil everyday. The last time I had a ride along the package car was 7 quarts low on oil.
My truck leaks oil. I told mechanic but no one cares so I don't care anymore. I can hear what sounds like lifter tapping. Oh well. I give it by Mid summer and that motor is toast.

I had to ask DJ where the windshield washer fluid reservoir was. Do you really think that I know where the dipstick is?

(No, it is not sitting in the driver's seat.)
I have had to show many new drivers how to check fluid levels and where the replacement fluids are kept. I am glad to help the younger drivers except when they cop an attitude that pre tripping the vehicle is not their job.

Indecisi0n

I have had to show many new drivers how to check fluid levels and where the replacement fluids are kept. I am glad to help the younger drivers except when they cop an attitude that pre tripping the vehicle is not their job.
Only issue I have with this is if a driver accidentally puts radiator fluid in the engine by mistake he will be responsible. We would ask ourselves how could he do that but the fact is he isn't a mechanic.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Only issue I have with this is if a driver accidentally puts radiator fluid in the engine by mistake he will be responsible. We would ask ourselves how could he do that but the fact is he isn't a mechanic.

The only fluid that we have access to is windshield washer. Kinda hard to screw that up.