ORION, Who has it and tell us what you think...

boxsniffer

easy money when it wants to to go by the same building several times throughout the day for say air on the second floor then come back later for ground on the first floor then come back later for a saver on the third

bumped

UPS made me understand when EDD went in that they weren't "my" customers. I don't care anymore when any consignees get their packages as long as I'm in UPS' service window. At times I'm delivering businesses an hour after the route next to me picks them up.

By The Book

No, of course the Orion guy doesn't make up his own rules, silly. It comes from corporate and it overrides the Center Management team. The company is going in a different direction now. And that direction is saving miles.

I don't know how it works where you are but if we have an 8 hour request the work is moved before dispatch. And its just a request so its not a guaruntee . If you request it and it doesn't happen you get to request it again (doesn't count toward the 2 per month allowed by contract)
I am thankful that we have them at our disposal. The drivers in our center didn't use to use them, until they kept cutting this one out of town route. The drivers of the four routes that were loaded up from this got together and staggered the requests and that cut route sure runs a lot more now.

browniehound

I am thankful that we have them at our disposal. The drivers in our center didn't use to use them, until they kept cutting this one out of town route. The drivers of the four routes that were loaded up from this got together and staggered the requests and that cut route sure runs a lot more now.
I would say that is very smart on those driver's part. Its funny, here a lot of times the management team will offer a driver the day off when he comes in on a day when he requests 8. I guess its easier to just let the guy home if they have coverage for his route instead of moving the work and covering pick-ups.

Most of the time the driver will take the day even if he has no sick time left. I guess its too good of an offer for them to pass up. This never made any sense to me. Why take an unpaid day or burn a sick day when you don't have to?

We should make UPS lighten us up when we need to get out at 8 hours. Make them work because lord knows they make us work and expect the impossible sometimes.

On the flip side, I don't like to request 8 hours for 2 reasons and I only do it when I absolutely, 100%, no way around it, HAVE to get out early(i'm not going to request 8 just because its my contractual right or to get to the bar a couple of hours early). The first reason is I don't like to screw the other drivers in my loop, because let's face it, their the ones who are going to get the extra stops or have to cover some pick-ups. Second, in my mind when I punch into work I'm there for the day and my day always includes 1-3 hours of OT. Its like "I'm here, I'm working the entire route".

And now that we are basically getting paid $50/hour for OT I'm beginning to like the long days, lol. This is the time when we are paid what we should be. Like today, they kicked the crap out of me. 440 pieces delivered, 527 picked up and 20 stops over my max and my route is full of over 70's, irregulars and many, many other heavy packages. $50/hour all day long is about right for the work needed to complete this bear of a route. Its a bear. I mean its really a bear.

turdmanND

Orion is in place to cut routes and dumb down the job so the union can be busted under the guise of reducing miles.
You guys that are 'beating' Orion are suckers and are playing right into management's hands.
A Construction Crew closed a street down today, I screamed out my door "You are :censored2:ing with Orion!" They didn't laugh.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Yes we shuld stress out over an inconvienience, and let the whole world know we are on Orion, and Im gonna drive through your yard.