ORION-Will It Effect Over/Under??

DOK

ok captain obvious but that doesn't change that it can be fixed and that if it's not it's a reflection of your dispatchers work ethic
My only gripe is I worked relentlessly over the past few years to fine tune the DOL to where my Edd order was perfect. It was set up in a way where I'd have 150 pkgs or so off during the first stops of the day, pretty important detail when youre in a p700 with 350+ pieces. To ignore that detail and pretend that your next stop will magically appear right behind the bulkhead door is unrealistic. Sometimes, on some routes, you have to run certain stops first in order to make it work, even if it costs you a mile.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
My only gripe is I worked relentlessly over the past few years to fine tune the DOL to where my Edd order was perfect. It was set up in a way where I'd have 150 pkgs or so off during the first stops of the day, pretty important detail when youre in a p700 with 350+ pieces. To ignore that detail and pretend that your next stop will magically appear right behind the bulkhead door is unrealistic. Sometimes, on some routes, you have to run certain stops first in order to make it work, even if it costs you a mile.
that sucks dude

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
That's what the boss man wants. Give it to them dry.

Super Powers

Orion is a total disaster ! I have a rural route 120 to 150 miles is common depending on NDA. I often beat Orion by over 20 miles a day and sometimes beat it by 30 plus. Orion would easily add 60 to 90 minutes a day to my route if I followed it. Some of my fellow satellite drivers do follow it. Miles equals money and less stops,but, the inefficiency of it is intolerable to me.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Orion is a total disaster ! I have a rural route 120 to 150 miles is common depending on NDA. I often beat Orion by over 20 miles a day and sometimes beat it by 30 plus. Orion would easily add 60 to 90 minutes a day to my route if I followed it. Some of my fellow satellite drivers do follow it. Miles equals money and less stops,but, the inefficiency of it is intolerable to me.
You know I follow it as close to 100% as possible and still make service on my parcels. Got my route down to an average of 85 stops/day following ORION. When I'm enjoying that windshield time I'm not lifting. I can peddle my parcels as inefficient as my PDS and Orion trace allows.

Signature Only

Blue in Brown
I can see where Orion could work if the time allowances were accurate. Trouble is, the time allowances on most routes are not even remotely accurate! If you complain enough then they do a "virtual time study" using Google Maps or equivalent. From these maps, they can supposedly tell how many steps it is from the truck to the front door. However, I'm pretty sure they just draw a straight line through the customer's yard which I have been taught is not a safe path. And they don't give any time allowance for climbing the stairs to the 3rd or 4th floor of an apartment building. And, from what I've gathered from experience, Orion doesn't figure in traffic or stop lights at all. Every day it expects me to have made about 10 more stops before I get to my last air stop, so by 10:30am (according to Orion) I'm already about 30 minutes behind.
We had a very good virtual time study and the resulting allowances were fair and just.

Most routes gained a minimum of 70 minutes, the smallest gain was 55 and the largest 170 minutes.

Within 3 months after the new allowances were implemented, we were all back where we'd started. Management just cut the allowances back to the starting point and began harassing us.
We presented WORs records from the last 6 months and filed grievances.

That shut them up.

Always keep good records.