OT - Loader PPH

Just curious if management continuously raises the bar on how many pph you're supposed to load. I got 186, and today had my 3 regular cars bricked out and a bulk car, so maybe 1400 pieces max no big deal. Should work out to 216-233.

They're just gonna keep raising that number and giving me more work the better I do, right? Could've sworn my goal was 150 pph on Monday.

RuthlessSupSlayer

Just curious if management continuously raises the bar on how many pph you're supposed to load. I got 186, and today had my 3 regular cars bricked out and a bulk car, so maybe 1400 pieces max no big deal. Should work out to 216-233.

They're just gonna keep raising that number and giving me more work the better I do, right? Could've sworn my goal was 150 pph on Monday.
Well i can tell you that mine is about 240-280 but mine is 4 cars two have 100-200 piece bulk stops. Max 1500 pieces

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Unattainable goals help you reach for the stars !!!!
or something like that lol

3 things happen when IE proclaims how much PPH you should do :

1) You get more work
2) You start later so you're given less time to do it
3) Managers at the end of the preload start messing with timecards trying to make it look like they hit it.

We all know 3 doesn't happen :rolleyes2:

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right

1) You get more work
3) Managers at the end of the preload start messing with timecards trying to make it look like they hit it.

@TearsInRain says #3 is impossible. The IE gods audit that kind of thing constantly and anyone who dares fudge numbers is instantly terminated.

Don't worry about their bull:censored2: pph and work safe

The only reason I wonder is I'm a couple weeks away from being qualified and reaching seniority. I want to do a reasonable job and in a reasonable time. My union guy said just show progression these last few weeks and "run Forrest run" haha.

Working 3 cars + a bulk or loading 3 cars while splitting is more than reasonable enough to qualify someone I'd hope? I average 0-2 misloads. I usually only get them when supervisors "help", which they really need to stop doing, cuz I've pulled their misloads out of my cars more times than I can count.

All my cars get audited after break.. so far so good.. should be fine right?

Also what's the sort test and does it definitely mean a raise?

Over 70

It really depends on your cars. 200pph is about right but sometimes you get less if you have cars with less bulk and a bunch of oversize resi junk.

I've had done every pull in the building and had 170-250pph. Depends.

Turdferguson

Just a turd

1) You get more work

Shoot for the moon, because even if you miss you wind up among the stars.
yV6tuAE.gif

C'mon man!!!

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
The only reason I wonder is I'm a couple weeks away from being qualified and reaching seniority. I want to do a reasonable job and in a reasonable time. My union guy said just show progression these last few weeks and "run Forrest run" haha.

Working 3 cars + a bulk or loading 3 cars while splitting is more than reasonable enough to qualify someone I'd hope? I average 0-2 misloads. I usually only get them when supervisors "help", which they really need to stop doing, cuz I've pulled their misloads out of my cars more times than I can count.

All my cars get audited after break.. so far so good.. should be fine right?

Also what's the sort test and does it definitely mean a raise?

Your cars get audited? My sups are happy if the rear door shuts all the way by the end of the shift.

@upschuck thank you. Is this something offered after seniority? Just whenever? Or is it part of management training? Where can I get materials to study so I can pass it?

@Wally lol, my center mgr told me awhile ago that no one would qualify me. I can fill in five positions in preload and do them all great. I know I'm better than at least 75% of the people staying, and it's been a lot of 4 cars to a person days lately, and nobody but nobodies on unload.

But still I worry. If it's a mind game by them to make me a better worker whatever. I outpace and outshine my coworkers, for the most part, as nice as they are. The people that have been there for years obviously fare better, they are fantastic.

We are changing our living situation soon and my wife is going to be the first true manager at her salon. It's tough in that I wanna stay with this company (regardless), particularly now with health care, especially when her promotion comes in a few months. Which would be when my benefits kick in.

So it's just like, worth staying here and I pickup another PT, or just no name industry freight/receiving/warehouse in another city, lots of decisions right now with work and pay.

Just wanna pass with no bull:censored2: so I can figure the rest of everything out. If it's games fine I'll shut them up and be great anyway, but the peace of mind would be nice. I see no reason why they'd even DQ me anyway.

extranatty

Preload obviously. I do about 260 but it never says that on the report they give me. The load sheets are also incomplete, they add packages to trucks as you're working that aren't on the load sheet. One day I supposedly had 6 airs for a truck and somehow loaded 19. Hell, once they gave me a 2nd 'updated' load sheet 2 hours after start.

Don't worry about PPH, worry about airs and misloads. As long as you use the methods; they can't force you to work faster. Unless you have my center manager who invents 'methods'. Apparently I'm supposed to carry/load a minimum of 2 EREGS at once. In reality, the belt was backed up, and it's his job to chew me out for whatever he can find and that was the best he could find. They just want no problems, get it done however you can.

Also what is the sort test? Does it always give a raise or does it vary by local?

Sort test is some nonsense that the idiots who work the other shifts have the option for. It involves memorizing zip codes to belts but I wouldn't know. I just know they work half as hard yet get tacos and plenty of cold spring water.

Here's a secret, the only reason Preloaders get $11/hr is because they consider us "deskilled" and as we do some work for the government, the minimum wage is actually $10.20. So we get an extra dollar. The minimum wage is going to rise faster than your pay rate.

Last edited:

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.

Everyday I go in and drive, I do a tiny bit less. I'm getting old!

Soon the minimum wage here will exceed raises and I'm making 12.25 now. But if the raises don't go up, minimum wage will catch up to me in 3 years.