You have until Friday to get over 200 pph or we'll decide this isn't a good fit for you

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Are you management? Like upper management? I had a supervisor tell me that if "I need to break the packages to get them out then do it." Our job is to get the packages out to where they need to be, in a tape box if needed, that's it.

You haven't worked the line before if you haven't had to stand or crawl across the belts to fix jams while they're moving.
This is ridiculous, and completely wrong.

We do *not* move across moving belts. Ever.

It is a fireable offense.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
We are desperately hiring anyone who can steam a mirror. Cant get the bodies necessary. Sups are being fussy about productivity?

FozziesDeliveries

Are you management? Like upper management? I had a supervisor tell me that if "I need to break the packages to get them out then do it." Our job is to get the packages out to where they need to be, in a tape box if needed, that's it.

You haven't worked the line before if you haven't had to stand or crawl across the belts to fix jams while they're moving.

Lol god no i am a rpcd now. Thats probably the difference i wasn't in a big hub or anything. Our center is small and the last and current manager love standing at the top of the belt area (i liked calling it the eagles nest) so they could look down the belt and yell at loaders and turn their head slightly and see in the trailers and yell at unload. So they would see something up and jump on you for it.

AccidentProne

Lol god no i am a rpcd now. Thats probably the difference i wasn't in a big hub or anything. Our center is small and the last and current manager love standing at the top of the belt area (i liked calling it the eagles nest) so they could look down the belt and yell at loaders and turn their head slightly and see in the trailers and yell at unload. So they would see something up and jump on you for it.
I learned to climb onto the belts because I saw supervisors doing it.

What area you work in? I have never heard of this.

It's unrealistic to say you never do it ever. You would have to shut down the building 100 times daily to fix jams or odd packages getting stuck on ramps.

AccidentProne

The company has the probationary period to decide if you can do the job. OP couldn't get the job done. What makes you think that in a year or so the OP would be an asset to the company?
Uh on the principle that you can gain physical strength in over a year time? If he starts lifting today then by the time he can be rehired, he would be conditioned enough to work there again.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
I learned to climb onto the belts because I saw supervisors doing it.

What area you work in? I have never heard of this.

It's unrealistic to say you never do it ever. You would have to shut down the building 100 times daily to fix jams or odd packages getting stuck on ramps.
I have worked at UPS for 6 years. I’ve seen people get terminated for walking on moving belts, and they’ve had to fight to get them back.

It’s not a joke, and you should NEVER walk on them while moving.

Always shut the section of the belt down and secure it.

Stop, latch, test. It’s in all of the training.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I have worked at UPS for 6 years. I’ve seen people get terminated for walking on moving belts, and they’ve had to fight to get them back.

It’s not a joke, and you should NEVER walk on them while moving.

Always shut the section of the belt down and secure it.

Stop, latch, test. It’s in all of the training.
Back in the day people would ride the belt from the primary to the outbound! lol

takesteady

You would have to shut down the building 100 times daily to fix jams or odd packages getting stuck on ramps.

That’s weird, I shut the belt off all the time for various reasons like breaking a jam or clearing egress. It might not make your supervisor very happy but it’s the most easily defensible thing you can do.

‘Sir, are you directing me to walk on a two-story high moving belt in order break a jam?’

I have been lurking

Tired hubrat

No, he's aware of his rights. You worked with a ghetto maroon that wanted numbers, safety be damned

Brownwind

NEVER NEVER NEVER…. I help out on preload and that is the one thing they are unified on.

Second thing is why was that guy using boxes as a load stand?? Use the yellow stairs to reach the top row. Don’t you know the boxes your destroying by stepping on them pay your salary? I’m doubting your coming back in two months.

Thank you badideaguy for the response and pointing out the ridiculousness

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
It's not like being on a moving belt will never happen but here we'd always goad supervisors into doing it for us. At least gives them something to do lol.