Other Airlines Must Love This

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
The point being if a company gets tax breaks the people they employee should be able to afford to live in the town they work. I’m not saying everywhere should pay 40 an hour. If you were to end up looking for a job you may feel differently than you do now.
OK, you tell them they don't get any incentives unless they pay $X/hour. They don't want to pay that much so they go elsewhere. If I'm looking for a better job, and that one is better, how does it benefit me that the government chased them off???

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Corporate tax receipts Reagan's first year in office: $51 billion
Corporate tax receipts Reagan's last year in office: $93 billion
Here comes MF's friend with an out of the blue HEY TRUMP ESPIONAGE and then starts up with the whataboutism accusations as he's whatabouting!!!! ROTFLMAO

Great job, my friend! It's like the time one friend told another friend that he always denied legitimate criticism, to which he replied, "No I don't!"
Fellow Trump criminal Ken Paxton also had a bad day. Reagan started something bad, and Republicans kept supporting it. Typical.

AB831

And you thought you were just plain old lying. Didn't even realize it had a name, did you?

AND DANO, WHAT ABOUT THAT JEW, BEN SHAPIRO? WHAT ABOUT THAT, DANO?
I’m fully aware of what a straw man fallacy is. You’re not the genius you think you are. The fact that you actually think knowing some basic rhetorical term makes you look smart is kind of embarrassing.

Lates

OK, you tell them they don't get any incentives unless they pay $X/hour. They don't want to pay that much so they go elsewhere. If I'm looking for a better job, and that one is better, how does it benefit me that the government chased them off???
Because companies are constantly moving here if they won’t pay it another will to be located here. Maybe you are too far removed from being young and struggling to make rent and bills to understand. Rent and home prices have at least doubled here in the last six years. You could make it on 15 an hour when I was younger starting out now you can’t.

Mutineer

Really? Different people can’t be wrong about different aspects of science?

Fascinating. And stupid.

If those people can warp the idea of gender and weaponize it, being maliciously and intentionally wrong about climate change ain't much of a stretch.

The mainstream Left is succeeding in making religious far Right wackos seem sensible.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Because companies are constantly moving here if they won’t pay it another will to be located here. Maybe you are too far removed from being young and struggling to make rent and bills to understand. Rent and home prices have at least doubled here in the last six years. You could make it on 15 an hour when I was younger starting out now you can’t.
I linked you to the MIT living wage calculator that showed the company you named was actually paying a living wage.

Which expense category listed do you take issue with?

bbsam

Staff member
If those people can warp the idea of gender and weaponize it, being maliciously and intentionally wrong about climate change ain't much of a stretch.

The mainstream Left is succeeding in making religious far Right wackos seem sensible.
The mainstream left? Which of those far left ideas are law?

Now, consider what has become mainstream right. Think about what republican governors are doing. You think that’s sensible?

qdg2

Now, consider what has become mainstream right. Think about what republican governors are doing. You think that’s sensible?
Half the country does........BTW, they also think it's just a start......

yadig

What are republican governors doing?

Lates

I linked you to the MIT living wage calculator that showed the company you named was actually paying a living wage.

Which expense category listed do you take issue with?
It says 15.19 is a living wage but doubles it if you have one kid. Also rent is listed at least 200 a month less than you can find a place here. Probably more but that was a quick glance at it.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
It says 15.19 is a living wage
It says 12 dollars if you have a roommate.
but doubles it if you have one kid.
No it goes up to 17 if a working couple has one kid.
Also rent is listed at least 200 a month less than you can find a place here.
Even if I was to take that as true, it breaks down to needing an extra 1.15 an hour.

That would bring the living wage requirement up to 13.23 and the company you complained about has entry level jobs starting at 15.50.

qdg2

Now consider what left wing blue governors are doing....you think that is sensible?.....lolololol. Now consider what has become mainstream left.......omg. Your point of view and questions cannot be considered credible. It's hard to believe a person of any stripe could look at any blue city especially SF, Chicago, LA, NY and say..."This is good....how it should be". Yes, more please. Hard to believe. And Portland....? Really?