Other centers low on trucks?

JL 0513

As long as we have perfect service Monday we are good .

Don't you love how a service company can only set a goal to make service one day a week because Monday gets a head start?

It's like a manufacturing company that could only claim to make reliable products one day a week. Rest of the week, the parts get scrambled.

Hot Carl

The only reason my building is short of package cars is because of all the red tags. No money to buy parts. At the same time we have about 20 brand new package cars without license plates taking up space on the fence.
That reminds me of a couple months ago when preload had our fire drill. We all met where we were supposed to and much to our surprise found a whole bunch of brand new trucks just sitting there doing nothing but collecting bird :censored2:.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
That is funny. My manager is a truck horder. We have 22 ft routes. We good close to 45 trucks at our building. Only about 5 are red tagged. Even an old p500. That never moves. Battery is dead as a stone

JL 0513

Its surprising how many customers dont know this. Especially businesses.

In the majority of circumstances, businesses don't even care if a 10:30 commit is late. Most of the time the person that needs that package or envelope isn't sitting their waiting for it in order to start their day. So often, the package is still sitting there unopened when I go back later to deliver the ground or even to do pickups.

Or in the case of residential, notice how many people aren't even home in the morning when you deliver that air. Lot's of wasted money being spent for unnecessary 10:30 commits when a saver may have sufficed.

tourists24

Our previous division manager volunteered to get our center tons of electric cars. Now as all of our gas engines break down we are forced to use em. They're pieces of garbage.

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
In the majority of circumstances, businesses don't even care if a 10:30 commit is late. Most of the time the person that needs that package or envelope isn't sitting their waiting for it in order to start their day. So often, the package is still sitting there unopened when I go back later to deliver the ground or even to do pickups.

Or in the case of residential, notice how many people aren't even home in the morning when you deliver that air. Lot's of wasted money being spent for unnecessary 10:30 commits when a saver may have sufficed.
I think of this often. Lot's of businesses send NDA to each other in basically automated fashion. Such a waste of money if the item isn't truly time sensitive. But....I DO get that it's kind of courtesy thing; good business.
I gather that NDA used to be the staple of our service; if you need something asap you go through UPS. It's really fascinating to me how the climate has changed with Amazon unnecessarily sending out useless crap nda to consumers every single day, FOR FREE. Marginalizing our jobs. It's not detrimental to us now, but years from today NDA won't even be a big deal. Prices will go down, and OUR jobs become less important as a result.

JL 0513

I've seen paper towels sent NDA (10:30). Obviously the shipping cost way more than the paper towels which are sold at numerous nearby stores. The receiver was just as bewildered as I that someone would pay for this.

Zowert

Speaking of late air, I had this conversation with a customer after his air was 30 minutes late:

Customer: “Wasn’t this supposed to be here at 10:30?”
Me: “Yep.”
Customer: “So, what happens now?”
Me: “Free shipping for you.”
Customer: “Go ahead and bring these late from now on!”

specter208

Speaking of late air, I had this conversation with a customer after his air was 30 minutes late:

Customer: “Wasn’t this supposed to be here at 10:30?”
Me: “Yep.”
Customer: “So, what happens now?”
Me: “Free shipping for you.”
Customer: “Go ahead and bring these late from now on!”
Is it really a full refund, or a partial-refund to Saver/2-day/3-day status?

P700slave

I am the last one out of the building every day, and I am the FARTHEST APEX ROUTE FROM THE BUILDING.I NEVER make the air. We have a 8.10 hour delivery window and our average paid day last week was 10.25. IDIOTS. I can't wait for all the free money on the new 9.5 list. Maybe some of these dispatch idiots will be fired after I collect a few thousand dollars of free money.