Other Crap inside drop boxes

542thruNthru

A couple of years ago I tried the combination on one of the local drop boxes----still the same as it was 25 years ago.
Was that the 4,3-2-1 or whatever it was? They've been change to individual numbers now. I remember opening a couple on the east coast with the same code as out here.

PT Car Washer

Was that the 4,3-2-1 or whatever it was? They've been change to individual numbers now. I remember opening a couple on the east coast with the same code as out here.
I can't tell you what are codes are because it just comes with muscle memory. I know we did have 2 different codes at one time but only one now. As far as I know. 1, 3 2, 4 maybe?

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
trash.png

pkgdriver

A Tuffy Auto Service Center deposit bag…It was one of the new clear ones. 20.00 bill and some checks in it.
Division Manager Candidate right there Id say.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Is it really that big of a deal to throw them all in the back of the truck? Especially Post Office packages. Could be a Federal violation there.
Stealing from the USPS? Real smart.
Way to contradict yourself here. Yeah, it probably could be a federal violation to take postal packages with you, but certainly not leaving them. Why even consider something so dumb?

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Is it really that big of a deal to throw them all in the back of the truck? Especially Post Office packages. Could be a Federal violation there.
It’s a violation to take USPS property, which it is once it’s paid for and dropped. Leave them alone or put them in the mailbox

tadpole

Way to contradict yourself here. Yeah, it probably could be a federal violation to take postal packages with you, but certainly not leaving them. Why even consider something so dumb?
Are you saying you have to just leave it there forever?
I view it like this. If I throw a USPS package over my fence into your backyard, you would have every right to give it to the postman or put it in a mailbox. Could you be prosecuted for moving it, when it's on your property? Getting it back on track with the USPS doesn't seem dumb, it seems the easisest, simplest, right thing to do.

PT Car Washer

I would say intent comes into the motivation. To safely see a USPS package being delivered or throwing it out into the dirt. I will let someone else make that decision and my conscience will be clear.