Other Employee Discounts

eelu

I've read mixed reviews of the employee discounts through upsers so wanted to share what I found on another site.

It has a lot of similar discounts to our program, but also better deals that run every day (last week I got $75 off at Foot Locker, had to spend $125 though). Think there are better discounts on travel too.

The bad part: pretty sure you need a ups email to login (or find someone who can use their company email, I used my wife's)...

Good way to save some money though if you can get in.

upssup

As a former sales manager in the auto industry I know the discount on vehicles is usually the same as their "supplier rate" which is generally just under Invoice price. Which at a negotiating store is a pretty good starting point, but they still are not as good as employee rate. Also the dealership should give you all applicable incentives and rebates as well.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

As a former sales manager in the auto industry I know the discount on vehicles is usually the same as their "supplier rate" which is generally just under Invoice price. Which at a negotiating store is a pretty good starting point, but they still are not as good as employee rate. Also the dealership should give you all applicable incentives and rebates as well.

When I leased my Colorado and my daughters' Cobalt we got the GM Supplier Discount and all of the rebates. They even made sure the gas tank was full--do they even do that any more?

Tiny Panda

We get discounts thru a travel agency here in the UK, supposedly for employees connected with the aviation industry, the tickets themselves are cheap enough but by the time you add all the surcharges and taxes it cost less for me to book a flight with Virgin than it cost to go thru the "discount" place

Leftinbuilding

The UPS employee "discount" for moving companies (N.American Van Lines) is a farce. Most of the major moving companies give the same "discount" to everyone. Has something to do with "tariff" cost vs actual cost. Interesting that, even with the UPS "discount", N. American still came in much higher than the other major movers (Bekins, Mayflower) we've contacted.

sano

It is my opinion that UPS sells advertising space in its "discount" program. Like the Sams club discount. $10. off membership. When I went to Sams to join they said "everyone gets 10 off"
Some of the discounts are legitimate, but not that one.

UPSNewbie

When I leased my Colorado and my daughters' Cobalt we got the GM Supplier Discount and all of the rebates. They even made sure the gas tank was full--do they even do that any more?

The only reason my truck had 3/4 of a tank when I bought it was because they had just refueled it for people to take a drive around.

Dave M

We cannot login to upsers.com and check if employees get discounts at Office Depot (they used to). Does anyone know if we still do and if so, how do you go about receiving the discount?
Also - any tips for logging into upsers.com - I think there is a bug.

over9five

Staff member
UPSers.com works fine for me. Yes there is still an Office Depot discount.
To get the discount you must register through a link at UPSers.com.

Who is "we" that cannot login?

DS

Fenderbender
We cannot login to upsers.com and check if employees get discounts at Office Depot (they used to). Does anyone know if we still do and if so, how do you go about receiving the discount?
Also - any tips for logging into upsers.com - I think there is a bug.
You have to sign up and put your employee# in and choose a password

When I was taking delivery of my last car the salesperson was going over the interior functions when I reached over and started flicking the gas gauge. She asked what was wrong and I said it must be broken because it reads barely over empty. I told her I wouldn`t be able to take delivery until it was fixed. She said go grab a soda and she would run it to the back to the service dept. 10 minutes later it miraculously read full.

tardus

I bought a new Chevy recently and the dealer said that everyone is now getting the equivalent of the UPS discount X-price.

SmithBarney

You have to sign up and put your employee# in and choose a password

First post... probably phishing for discounts...

some idiot gave out the shoes . com UPS discount link on a "purse" site
and we lost the direct discount. I think its probably still available though