Our new start time is 10:00

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
It's funny how they think we really care about their reports. The only numbers I care about are the ones on my paycheck.

I wouldn't say that's a bad way to look at it --after all, my ultimate concern is the amount on my paycheck as well-- but it's a way of looking at things that can take a big bite out of the ol' rear end.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I wouldn't say that's a bad way to look at it --after all, my ultimate concern is the amount on my paycheck as well-- but it's a way of looking at things that can take a big bite out of the ol' rear end.
Don't care anymore. I do my job. Stay under the radar. Collect my money and live my life.

59 Dano

and what price would that be exactly

Being told in response that he (my boss at the time) would show the same consideration for my goals and workplace expectations that I was showing for his. He kept his word. Tough lesson to learn at the age of 16, but glad I learned it then and not later.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Being told in response that he (my boss at the time) would show the same consideration for my goals and workplace expectations that I was showing for his. He kept his word. Tough lesson to learn at the age of 16, but glad I learned it then and not later.
When was that? 2 months ago?

vantexan

And in much of the work world that is true. In FedEx fantasy world a courier can work twice as hard as the one next to him and get the same raise every year. He can work for more than a decade next to people making $6-$8 hr more than him and they are actually pulling away from him instead of him catching them because their 2% raise is more. He'll be told they deserve more than him because they've been here longer. Fine for 2-3 years, but after 15 years they have a life and he's living paycheck to paycheck. Not to mention he'll have less put into his retirement accounts than topped out do, and he has to pay the same for insurance that they do but they make much more. He'll have been told by some in management that if they topped him out he'd have nothing to look forward to. So tell me why after all that a courier would care about the company? Why he or she wouldn't keep their head down and just do what it takes to get through?

59 Dano

And in much of the work world that is true. In FedEx fantasy world a courier can work twice as hard as the one next to him and get the same raise every year. He can work for more than a decade next to people making $6-$8 hr more than him and they are actually pulling away from him instead of him catching them because their 2% raise is more. He'll be told they deserve more than him because they've been here longer. Fine for 2-3 years, but after 15 years they have a life and he's living paycheck to paycheck. Not to mention he'll have less put into his retirement accounts than topped out do, and he has to pay the same for insurance that they do but they make much more. He'll have been told by some in management that if they topped him out he'd have nothing to look forward to. So tell me why after all that a courier would care about the company? Why he or she wouldn't keep their head down and just do what it takes to get through?

Part 948747345340 in an endless series of "Every Post Is An Excuse For Me To Complain About Not Being Topped Out."