Out more than 45 but keeps route....

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Darn Dano, just reading your responses, one can tell your full of crap.

Yet strangely enough the web is chock full of websites devoted in whole or in part to answering the questions and/or providing assistance to people who were terminated after missing work due to illness or injury.

But FedEx is the only company that does that.

MAKAVELI

Yet strangely enough the web is chock full of websites devoted in whole or in part to answering the questions and/or providing assistance to people who were terminated after missing work due to illness or injury.

But FedEx is the only company that does that.
The difference is those are individual cases. Where as it is company policy to punish the employee for an injury, on the job or not.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Just a way for Fred to weed out senior employees especially the older ones that are more prone to injury. He isn't fooling anybody except for Dano.

fatboy33

He's that guy back in the '90's standing before congress, on behalf of big tobacco, and looking everyone dead in the eyes and telling them all that cigarettes don't kill. That's who he his and we all see him for it.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Would you feel better if they didn't give you 45 days? You know, like most other companies?

At most union companies, it's 180 days. This is such a perfect example of FedEx policy...both arbitrary and punitive. I agree it's nothing but a mechanism for Fred t accelerate the departure of hurt and senior employees.

Dano, do you wear a bib when you write your trash?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Most don't guarantee you any time at all. Not that 45 days is a great gift, just an exception to the norm.

Really. Most companies don't arbitrarily let people go at 45 days, especially if they have a good work record. This is just a way for FedEx to streamline and expedite the termination process. The fact that it is administered differently based on location is especially troubling.

I guess you don't see an issue where Station A uses 45 days and Station B uses 90? My take is that marginal Employee X loses their route and Butt Kisser Employee Y keeps theirs. If X is a member of the Butt Kisser Club (BKC), then they'll probably get 90 days plus whatever extra time sucking on it gets you.