Out of service from reasonable drug test

Jasukuto26

I refused to post anymore information because it's no point. Nothing I can do, say or act on to keep my job. Why keep discussing it when the outcome will be the same?

john chesney

Hate to say it but it's true. If your driving a ups truck drunk or high unless it is a legitimate reaction to a prescription medication nobody's going to fight that hard. We would rather save a guy that had an accident or some other screw up

john chesney

I refused to post anymore information because it's no point. Nothing I can do, say or act on to keep my job. Why keep discussing it when the outcome will be the same?
It's hard giving you answers when we don't have all the facts.Dont ever give up unless you steal then give up. If you get caught stealing I don't care if you show up with the Pope and Jesus Christ himself you are gone

Pooter

Id say keep getting high, no point in sobering up now :D

Now the kids can grow up and hopefully learn to not be you. Bright Future wasted

Closet stoners pay attention :D

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!

Did you read where you might still have a chance? Or are you too stoned to remember what you read.

We are trying to help you out a little.

Did the officer order the drug test, or did UPS? This matters a great deal.

If UPS ordered the drug test, did they offer you a Steward before hand?

Did they fill out and sign the paperwork within 24 hours?

If UPS ordered it, was the sup who witnessed you trained in detecting impairement?

If this is the case, there is a slim chance you could get your job back on a technicality. File a grievance, point of order at hearing, drug test violated the CBA, back to work.

If the cop ordered it and it was alcohol, I'm pretty sure he would have got you for an OVI due to your swerving, and you have no chance of coming back.

Don't give up until it is over. If you were in my local, I would say you have a chance.

Last edited:

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Which is pretty much what I said. Positive test but not impaired.You can be a compulsive weed smoker and not smoke for a week and test positive.

Not what you said.

The threshold for most of these drugs is so low that you are no where near impaired if you are just over the threshold.

The limits are there to rule out the particular drug being in your system from something else, or even naturally.

If you smoked weed a week ago and got drug tested today, most people would be terminated, while not being in any way, shape or form impaired.

For most people, THC stays in your system well over a week, and the limit on the drug test is so low, that you are nowhere near impaired. But the test proved that you were doing an illegal drug. (I know, this is going to be a huge issue in states that have legalized pot.)

The drug testing policy, in part, is not that you are impaired, it is that you are using illegal drugs.

The other part of it is that you may be using legal, or prescribed drugs, but you are impaired.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
At this point, should he be fighting to keep his job or trying to get himself clean?

Both.

Losing his job permanently could drive him deeper down the rabbit hole, making it harder to get clean.

If he gets his good paying job back, a very good reason to learn a tough lesson and get clean, and a lot easier to get clean.