Over 70lbs and Irreg Bid Team Routes

rod

Retired 22 years
No one has ever told you that you are the third UPS driver that has been here today? Air driver, regular driver and the misload driver. I hear it all the time.

My record was 4 times back to the same stop in one day---not counting pickups. In my defense I think the preloader and I were both working with a hangover that day. P.S. That counted as 4 stops by the way.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Where would Amazon go? If they went to FedEx then FedEx would have to drop customers to take all the extra volume. Those customers would need to find someone to deliver their packages...what would their real option be other than UPS?

USPS, UPS and FedEx need to grow a pair and put Amazon in their place instead of catering to them.
amazon would steal all our people who actually want to work and put 6 gorillian contractors and PVDs on road to deliver every piece they could physically fit into their vehicles

10 years ago the union could have striked and MAYBE ups could have recovered

now amazon would absorb so much it would be the beginning of the end

believe it or not, it’s a fact

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
amazon would steal all our people who actually want to work and put 6 gorillian contractors and PVDs on road to deliver every piece they could physically fit into their vehicles

I just want to know one thing...how many zeroes are there in a gorillan??

Boxslinger11

Next gen teamster

I don't believe it. Why haven't they cut us out of the picture yet if you suddenly think they can do it now

OrionsBitch

Not...
That isn't true in the service industry. If materials don't show up on time so you can run your business and give service to your own customers then you will most likely pay for a service that is more reliable cough cough UPS.

We are way more expensive than FedEx yet people still ship with us....hmmm

Customers who use both FedEx and UPS are always complaining that their FedEx drivers don't show up on time or at all for both deliveries and pickups.

Edit: nevermind lol I get you were being sarcastic!
Cheaper is better. The biggest illusion in business.

OrionsBitch

Not...

1.How many countries does Amazon deliver in?

2. Amazon could not provide next day air or even their prime 2 day service without UPS, FedEx, and USPS. They would bleed customers because of this.

3. How many planes does Amazon have?

4. How many sorting facilities, warehouses, customer stores, drop boxes?

5. You cant deliver 7000 pounds of merchandise out of a Toyota Prius. Their current model of using Uber type drivers wouldn't work for Machine shops and any industrial business.

Last edited:

Boxslinger11

Next gen teamster
1.How many countries does Amazon deliver in?

2. Amazon could not provide next day air or even their prime 2 day service without UPS, FedEx, and USPS. They would bleed customers because of this.

3. How many planes does Amazon have?

4. How many sorting facilities, warehouses, customer stores, drop boxes?

5. You cant deliver 7000 pounds of merchandome out of a Toyota Prius. Their current model of using Uber type drivers wouldn't work for Machine shops and any industrial business.
He's full of it just spreading FUD

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
I just want to know one thing...how many zeroes are there in a gorillan??

Can you clarify the people who actually want to work comment? Is that hourly or management? I don't think many hourly employees would leave, at least not with any time invested at UPS.

What would Amazon do in areas not in close proximity to one of their buildings? I'm in a fairly populated area and I don't see 3 Amazon buildings which are almost exactly 100 miles apart being able to cover those deliveries. Right now our building is blown out and most of our local centers are expanding or adding additional buildings to cover the work.

I just don't see them coming from nowhere in my area and taking the work that probably 800 package car drivers are struggling with right now. Hell, they can't even figure out how many MT trailers we have on their yard.

El Correcto

god is dead
That isn't true in the service industry. If materials don't show up on time so you can run your business and give service to your own customers then you will most likely pay for a service that is more reliable cough cough UPS.

We are way more expensive than FedEx yet people still ship with us....hmmm

Customers who use both FedEx and UPS are always complaining that their FedEx drivers don't show up on time or at all for both deliveries and pickups.

Edit: nevermind lol I get you were being sarcastic!
UPS sucks. The company is trying to eliminate the consistency of bid routes through the Tuesday to Saturday introduction by saying those routes aren’t 5 days a week anymore. Now they’re busting them out and adding more stops to split cars over dispatching and screwing their customers. Instead of aiming for customer service and consistency, they are trying to pinch pennies and cut a couple bid routes out.

I wish this comapany would charge more and add more routes in, promising their customers the best service possible and let us do our jobs without all the unneeded grief. But they won’t and this place is crashing to the ground come August.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
UPS sucks. The company is trying to eliminate the consistency of bid routes through the Tuesday to Saturday introduction by saying those routes aren’t 5 days a week anymore. Now they’re busting them out and adding more stops to split cars over dispatching and screwing their customers. Instead of aiming for customer service and consistency, they are trying to pinch pennies and cut a couple bid routes out.

I wish this comapany would charge more and add more routes in, promising their customers the best service possible and let us do our jobs without all the unneeded grief. But they won’t and this place is crashing to the ground come August.

I don't see why they don't bring more surepost back in to supplement additional routes. I'm sure it would make the other packages more efficient to run since the stops would be more dense.

They may not make any money on some of them but those are fast, easy deliveries that could be used to justify running more routes everyday.