Over 70lbs and Irreg Bid Team Routes

Non sequitur

Yes we have all had the "get of your ass" and try to do what your asking me to do dream. Have a few drinks and kick it back. Peace✌

T

thisjobaintforeverybody

amazon would steal all our people who actually want to work and put 6 gorillian contractors and PVDs on road to deliver every piece they could physically fit into their vehicles

10 years ago the union could have striked and MAYBE ups could have recovered

now amazon would absorb so much it would be the beginning of the end

believe it or not, it’s a fact

Even all our people wouldn't be enough.. you do realize they deliver less then 5% of their own volume right??? This is why we need to move away from them and lower our profit percentage from them!

Brown Down

even in a perfect world what are you going to do, cut their grass for them?
you’re delivering with a smile, that might be good for sales with regular people or smallish business but amazon and our enterprise accounts would drop us like rocks

No but when I dont have "time" to address my customers concerns/questions because of your inflated numbers you tell me how thst is customer service. And please don't say the 1800 number. That is one of the biggest jokes ever. I got completely cussed out last year due to them saying a customer's packer would be delivered by 8am. Funny thing is I start at 845 and it's 35 minutes to my area.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
That isn't true in the service industry. If materials don't show up on time so you can run your business and give service to your own customers then you will most likely pay for a service that is more reliable cough cough UPS.

We are way more expensive than FedEx yet people still ship with us....hmmm

Customers who use both FedEx and UPS are always complaining that their FedEx drivers don't show up on time or at all for both deliveries and pickups.

Edit: nevermind lol I get you were being sarcastic!
I see fedex ground returns sit for weeks at a time without anyone grabbing them.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
No but when I dont have "time" to address my customers concerns/questions because of your inflated numbers you tell me how thst is customer service. And please don't say the 1800 number. That is one of the biggest jokes ever. I got completely cussed out last year due to them saying a customer's packer would be delivered by 8am. Funny thing is I start at 845 and it's 35 minutes to my area.
At least the 1-800 # gave the correct delivery date

Coldworld

60 months and counting
1.How many countries does Amazon deliver in?

2. Amazon could not provide next day air or even their prime 2 day service without UPS, FedEx, and USPS. They would bleed customers because of this.

3. How many planes does Amazon have?

4. How many sorting facilities, warehouses, customer stores, drop boxes?

5. You cant deliver 7000 pounds of merchandise out of a Toyota Prius. Their current model of using Uber type drivers wouldn't work for Machine shops and any industrial business.
You ever been inside one of amazons warehouses??? They are way more advanced than most of ups buildings I have ever seen...

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I don't see why they don't bring more surepost back in to supplement additional routes. I'm sure it would make the other packages more efficient to run since the stops would be more dense.

They may not make any money on some of them but those are fast, easy deliveries that could be used to justify running more routes everyday.
Absolutely... people are still amazed that their ups surepost pkg is being delivered by the post office...