over under

S

slyguy

Any word on if these numbers are calculated at the center level or corporate. These numbers show the performance of each driver in the center and are based on distance, del, pu, and route time studies.

R

rushfan

I don't know where they are calculated. I've ran routes where I've delivered the same volume, stops, and miles; and each time they are different. Over the past few years, in my center, I've noticed bonus times have become smaller and smaller- as stops have been increased. I finally came to the conclusion to heck with focusing on the numbers. As long as I know I've done my best to serve the customer, that's good enough.

D

dannyboy

Rushfan

I know you meant that you have done your best to serve the customer and as efficiently as you can, that is good enough.
happy.gif

d

T

tieguy

danny your dodging me on our thread so I guess I'll have to come to this one. You owe me an apology.

K

kidlogic

Danny you have a stalker!!!!!! You know when you made it to the big time when you get your own offical stalker. Some guys have all the luck having some LOONEY chasing him around cyberland. I never get the groupies.....I 'm always a bride's maid never a bride. No WIERDOS chasing me...You better call the Cyber Police
shoot.gif

(Message edited by kidlogic on January 01, 2003)

T

tieguy

Fact is I have a dodger who called me a liar and now hides rather than admit he was wrong. just doing a character check and both you and danny boy are failing miserably.

T

tieguy

Sorry I can't . The guy called me a liar and was very wrong. I take my integrity seriously. I'll see whether his is any good. I already know the little kids ain't worth asking for.

K

kidlogic

You mean sort of like you saying that I am not what I had declared then you go hide by some rant about not getting dragged in.Instead of just checking the facts so easily by me giving you my centers slick....The pot is calling the kettle black (not a slur..will explain if you want). Practice what you preach....that poor horse...
wink4.gif

T

tieguy

I never saw anything you left that I could "check". You have a real problem with people discussing an idea that is different than yours. Instead of politely disagreeing you go on the attack and try to make it very personal. I'm sorry you feel so threatened and so insecure but the fact remains you do not have all the answers and some people will have different answers than yours. Get used to it.

T

tieguy

Danny boy the kid is trying to distract the subject. You were wrong when you called me a liar. Will you continue to run and hide or will you stand up like a MAN and take your lumps.

S

slyguy

Hello fellow teamsters? Any idea on the formula used to create these magical numbers. Where I work, these numbers are posted weekly and have errors always. Thanks

D

dannyboy

There are several formulas, the christmas curve, SS# curve. On the same run there can be several different standards through out the year, and dependant on what driver is running the routes. Usually the older drivers get a small break, but not always. And of course there is the christmas curve that figures since your stops are closer, you should not take as long to fun them. So there is really no clear cut answer. Now get management involed in explaining this, and most will tell you to see the brainchildren in IE. Good luck in finding out much more.

d

T

tieguy

I wouldn't pay Danny any mind he makes things up as he goes. Even tried to say we lost the avon account and had the gall to call me a liar when I told him we've been picking up the same number of feeders from Avon forever. Real squirrel this guy I think he just likes to hear himself talk.

D

dammor

"Usually the older drivers get a small break."

That's too damn funny Danny. The numbers are the numbers. They are downloaded from the DIAD every night and displayed every morning and don't even try to tell me the name in the board in any way changes the time allowance. If a person was in a wheelchair his allowance would be the same as the 21 year old runner. That's just a fact. If you are hoping for a "Small Break" when you get older you are in for big shock. Best policy here is to take care of ourselves and do the best we can. It's enough and will pay off in the long run.

P

proups

Dammor: you hit the nail on the head. The numbers are programmed in the DIAD based on the time allowances for that route.....doesn't matter who runs the route. So IE could explain it to anyone.

D

dannyboy

IE= Someone with a college degree that has no work experience in the jobs that they are going to analize, and tell the people doing those jobs how to do them better.

In all fairness, some of the things they come up with are good, some are not worth the time or the paper they are written on.

Dammor, Last year I covered a route for a driver that is 29 years old, been his route for several years. I forgot to change the name and SS# in the board to mine. I beat the standards by .79. The next morning we caught the mistake, and corrected it. WE had them print out another center stat sheet, and according to it, I had now beat the standards by 1.21 hours. THat is with all the stats the same, only the name and SS# were changed. So if there is not a SS# curve, then what gives? That is the only explanation that we could figure.

The last time study I was on, the UPS IE gal, made me go by other stops that I never make because we had been under dispatched. She even stoped to play basket ball with one group of costomers because we got there at 4 and were done. So I really got a screwed up time study. I kept getting beat be an hour or more. Center manager had it restudied about 2 months later. This time they did not pull off work, I went out the same way I do every day. From that time on, the time study showed that I beat standards by .75-1.5 or so every day. So alot depends on the day they do the time study, compared with the usual days.

d

D

deliver_man

Dammor, Last year I covered a route for a driver that is 29 years old, been his route for several years. I forgot to change the name and SS# in the board to mine. I beat the standards by .79. The next morning we caught the mistake, and corrected it. WE had them print out another center stat sheet, and according to it, I had now beat the standards by 1.21 hours. THat is with all the stats the same, only the name and SS# were changed. So if there is not a SS# curve, then what gives? That is the only explanation that we could figure.

Hmm... there has to be some other explanation. I just can't believe that UPS makes an allowance in the studies for a driver's age. I was a cover driver for 5 years when I started full time, and whenever I covered some old-timer's gravy route, the gravy was there for me too. Nobobdy pays closer attention to differences in the time-studies than a cover driver, believe me
wink2.gif
. Me and the other cover drivers studied the ops like a science project every day, trying to determine the differences in the routes and figure out which units had all the fat. There is no way a factor like the one you are talking about would have escaped our attention. In addition, as long as I have been with the company (admittedly, not as long as you), I have never heard of this from anyone else. I can't believe something like that could kept a secret, not at UPS anyway.