Overallowed

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Newbie here,
Finish route generally around 2:30. Orion says I should be done by 1:45. Have pickups starting closer to 4. Usually take a lunch between 2:45-3:45. Come in overallowed 2+ hours, but last pu is at 4:45, back at center by 5. Other drivers say it's not my fault because I'm not planned an 8 hour day. But sup says I'm overallowed 2 hrs and basically should be clocking out for the 2 hours before pu's start. Any help? Sup said I'd be riding the bench after peak if improvement wasn't shown...
How do you get away with not taking lunch before 3PM?

How do you get away with not taking lunch before 3PM?
Most stops are businesses. First area is 20-25 mins away, finish that area around 12-12:30, then drive back and do businesses more local to center. Usually several savers due by 3 in that area. So I just like to finish that area too before breaking.
Never have been told when I had to break, just that I had to claim an hour in there. Still new and qualifying , so seldom an actual hour break is taken.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Most stops are businesses. First area is 20-25 mins away, finish that area around 12-12:30, then drive back and do businesses more local to center. Usually several savers due by 3 in that area. So I just like to finish that area too before breaking.
Never have been told when I had to break, just that I had to claim an hour in there. Still new and qualifying , so seldom an actual hour break is taken.
Maybe it's different in your area? Our Diad's generate a report if you take a late lunch.

Hired before peak season hires were brought in, so was hoping to make a career out of it. Preloaded for 3 weeks, then driving school and have been cover driving since. First few weeks I was driving 5 days, now down to 1-3 days. Have been told should be back to 5 with peak here. Just being so new don't know jack about how things work, or even if I'll be working day to day...

By The Book

It

May here too, no one has mentioned it yet. Just say I'm overallowed the next day.
You could talk with the driver who does that route every day, if there is one. They may be able to give you some tips on ways to do the route. This may help you not feel like it's your fault for being over allowed.

P
You could talk with the driver who does that route every day, if there is one. They may be able to give you some tips on ways to do the route. This may help you not feel like it's your fault for being over allowed.

I don't feel like its my fault. I understand the whole fact that I don't have enough work on the truck, don't understand why a sup would say I should clock out for 2 hrs until pu's are due. Does he think I should take a nap for 2 hrs? I'm in uniform, in a pkg car, out on a route, not with family or friends, so I see it as their issue and not mine. Like the job and have no issue busting tail while I'm working. I guess I just don't like having any control of the situation .

iowa boy

I tell them to fix their time study.

Or have them give you more work so you have an actual 8 hour plan. But you will figure out real quick that their "8" hour plan can range from 7 to 10 hours depending on the situation. (I've had a 9 hour "plan" take me 11 to complete due to having a new preloader, or getting stuck, or a flat tire, etc.)

It's not your fault you are 2 hours over, you are contractually required to take your lunch, but when your lunch and paid break are done, you sit on their time, not yours. Make them fix the problem.

Or have them give you more work so you have an actual 8 hour plan. But you will figure out real quick that their "8" hour plan can range from 7 to 10 hours depending on the situation. (I've had a 9 hour "plan" take me 11 to complete due to having a new preloader, or getting stuck, or a flat tire, etc.)

It's not your fault you are 2 hours over, you are contractually required to take your lunch, but when your lunch and paid break are done, you sit on their time, not yours. Make them fix the problem.
It's not my fault when I'm 6 hours over either.

By The Book

P

I don't feel like its my fault. I understand the whole fact that I don't have enough work on the truck, don't understand why a sup would say I should clock out for 2 hrs until pu's are due. Does he think I should take a nap for 2 hrs? I'm in uniform, in a pkg car, out on a route, not with family or friends, so I see it as their issue and not mine. Like the job and have no issue busting tail while I'm working. I guess I just don't like having any control of the situation .
I wasn't saying you're doing anything wrong, I just wanted you to hear it from the other driver of that route. If they are taking stops/miles off the bid route you are training on, tell them to put that work back on the car. Yeah, most of these sups have these sayings like it has to be the drivers fault. I think it's time you talked to your steward about this.