Overgoods / Lost package help -- $250 REWARD, NO BULL

over9five

Staff member
ditto--------9 times out of 10 that is what causes things to be delivered to the wrong place. I once asked a customer which one of the 7 addresses on his box he wanted UPS to deliver to --:groooansmileyf:

And they all answer either:

1. "The address I entered into the computer!"

2. Or....."Can't you tell by looking at the tracking number?"

jimmyjl

My first thought is "double label"......

Packaged and shipped by a UPS STORE... brand new box, only 1 label...

No way UPS got this address from a google search....

Assuming they have it I'm hoping they will realize it is rightfully mine, and forward it to me. I don't have serial numbers, so I'm hoping those aren't required. How on each would I know the cameras were missing and delivered to them if they weren't actually mine??? I guess they could be *******s and simply refuse without a serial #, but somehow I don't think so.

I am hoping to get a call from them today.

C.O.D. Man

they sent it to the orignal manufacture because they had nothing else to go by

they took the company name off the product and looked up an address for them and decided to send it to them because they had no other options

jimmyjl

I just talked to someone at the company the package was shipped to from overgoods. He is going to try to locate it for me. I have my fingers crossed!

texan

The UPS stores brand is owned by UPS. However each store is a franchise that is independently owned and operated that person packaging the boxes at each store isn't making much and as the old saying goes you get what you pay for.

It is possible that the shipper had already created and sealed the package himself, and then walked
into the UPS store to ship the self-packed sealed package.
I have done this myself in the past.

Johney

they sent it to the orignal manufacture because they had nothing else to go by

they took the company name off the product and looked up an address for them and decided to send it to them because they had no other options
Didn't I just say that?

UPSSOCKS

You would think that a UPS Store would know how to package and ship a parcel through us! How could someone at one of our own stores not put a duplicate label inside anything that they package for a customer.

You may want to rethink this question. How can 400,000 Teamsters not know how to handle a package? Most teamsters can't read the methods yet demonstrate them. That's why we hire kids half your age to baby sit you.

Last edited:

UPSSOCKS

Again, I'm not sure if you haven't been reading the thread, but I (the OP) am not the shipper, simply the receiver. Yes insurance should have been paid, and a duplicate label should have been put inside, but none of that happened. That's not my concern right now.

And as far as insurance, sure its not too expensive if you only ship a few high value packages per year, but when you own a business, and ship $500,000 worth of equipment a year, it adds up. That's nearly $4,000 directly out of my bank account. Neccessary, but definately a profit-maker for UPS, especially considering the horror stories I've heard about for high value claims.

Merry Christmas Everyone!

He may not be able to read.... It's not too late for you GED!!!!!! I believe in you UPSTATE..

UPSSOCKS

Hey guys, hope everyone had a good christmas.

Still a little confused about this "return to manufacturer" thing that happend.... I purchased these thermal cameras USED through a private party in california. The returned package that went through overgoods that seemingly matches my package description was "returned to the manufacturer" in Arizona. However, the address and company it was sent to I am not familiar with. They do seem to be a distributor of the product, but this isn't the main headquarters. I am not sure where UPS got this address. I am still waiting to hear back from them, but I am just curious why UPS would ship to this particular company?

If overgoods "returns to manufacturer", do they actually have to have some evidence (Receipt in package) showing it was shipped from that particular manufacturer, or do they just look at the item for a manufacturer, and look in their system for a company that matches and ship to that company's address on file?

UPS has two choices in this situation... Leave the package sit in a room that we have to pay the people responsible for losing it (teamsters) to rehandle it, or get it into the hands of someone who may know where it belongs.

menotyou

bella amicizia
UPS has two choices in this situation... Leave the package sit in a room that we have to pay the people responsible for losing it (teamsters) to rehandle it, or get it into the hands of someone who may know where it belongs.
The ones responsible were the ones with oversight. That would be management. Socks likes to pass the buck.

jimmyjl

Hmm... well I spoke to someone at the company on Monday, who was going to "look around" for the package. Apparently the person who signed for it last month is no longer with the company... but I have yet to hear back. I hope he is on an early vacation for new years, and not just ignoring me. Sounded like an honest guy who would definately try to find it.

worldwide

If you think the current insurance "scheme" is a profit maker you should google our former OPL service, which was the insurance we charged for international shipments and which the IRS ruled was illegal.

UpstateNYUPSer is incorrect. OPL did not only cover international and the originally ruling by the IRS was later overturned.

OPL was originally formed to provide reinsurance against loss or damage to packages carried by UPS (the “shipper’s risk business”) and later diversified into other lines of reinsurance business as well as real estate ownership and management.

In the summer of ’01 (June 20th), the 11th Circuit Court of Appeals reversed and remanded the Tax Court’s decision against UPS.