Overtime Question

Bingo

Fedex Express- When you work on your normal day off- You get 1 1/2 time pay-Then if you go over 8 hours then you get 2x pay- I believe if you go over 12 hours then those hours are even higher. Am I correct

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Fedex Express- When you work on your normal day off- You get 1 1/2 time pay-Then if you go over 8 hours then you get 2x pay- I believe if you go over 12 hours then those hours are even higher. Am I correct

I distinctly remember finding a lot of timecards that were doctored by management to be 11:59 or 7:59. That's theft, but FedEx doesn't see it that way. Dano will tell you that's a "lie", but it isn't. Active timecard falsification was widespread and encouraged to keep those reports looking good, and save Fred money.

This is why you always keep track of your time. It's amazing how many people do not.

Last edited:

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
More like sends you to the gulag. Lol.

It's always funny that they want you to waive minimums the day after you get 12 or 13 hours, so you don't go way over for the week.

Now that Peak is over, there will be the usual attempts to get you to go home early too. I'd never do it and always get 8.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
It's always funny that they want you to waive minimums the day after you get 12 or 13 hours, so you don't go way over for the week.

Now that Peak is over, there will be the usual attempts to get you to go home early too. I'd never do it and always get 8.
I never experienced either of those two incidences. I worked my hours.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I distinctly remember finding a lot of timecards that were doctored by management to be 11:59 or 7:59. That's theft, but FedEx doesn't see it that way. Dano will tell you that's a "lie", but it isn't. Active timecard falsification was widespread and encouraged to keep those reports looking good, and save Fred money.

Dano won't tell you it's a lie. Dano will tell you that the MF floods the board with all sorts of firsthand horror stories that he claims are widespread throughout the company, despite no one else witnessing such dastardly acts. Dano won't tell you that the MF shouldn't be believed, but merely to consider the credibility of claims levied by someone with an unnatural and pathological hatred for the company.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus

This is why you always keep track of your time. It's amazing how many people do not.
You are wrong. FedEx DOES see it as theft. That’s why plenty of management have been fired for changing time cards and also why when a manager does change a time card they are supposed to have the employee initial any changes. It is an audit item.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
You are wrong. FedEx DOES see it as theft. That’s why plenty of management have been fired for changing time cards and also why when a manager does change a time card they are supposed to have the employee initial any changes. It is an audit item.

Oh come on, that's just crazy talk!

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

If they get caught. There are many employees who don't check time cards. Fred sees anything he can get away with as an "opportunity", not theft.

While I have seen my fair share of managers fired for this, it seemed to take a long time for it to catch up with them. There are all sorts of ways for management to shave hours that aren't legitimate.

Last edited: