Overtime day off

FedupExpress

Long story short
I worked 11 hours of OT on my dayoff
Last weekend manager said I was over 60 hours and to take off Saturday.

My day off OT was converted to regular pay since I didn't come in Saturday
Should have had 22 hours of OT and received 15 and change...

I'm looking for another job, fedex sucks.

bacha29

Long story short

Wait a minute. Are you saying that your overtime rate would be $15 an hour? Sounds like you're working for a Ground contractor.

bacha29

I understand it as he worked 22 OT hours and only received OT rate for 15 of said hours.
Probably At the same time nothing FDX does these days to people should come as a surprise to people regardless of whether or not they work for the company. They'll try to beat you any way they can.

Artee

Long story short

Thats not how it works. Your manager is trying to get one by you. You need to speak to your senior or HR. Days off are OT if you come in to work and you are not on the schedule. The one way your OT day gets converted to straight time from OT is if you called in sick. Did you volunteer not to come in or agree with him you would take an LWOP? Not sure if one of those would cancel your day off OT pay.

vantexan

Thats not how it works. Your manager is trying to get one by you. You need to speak to your senior or HR. Days off are OT if you come in to work and you are not on the schedule. The one way your OT day gets converted to straight time from OT is if you called in sick. Did you volunteer not to come in or agree with him you would take an LWOP? Not sure if one of those would cancel your day off OT pay.
For a number of years those of us on 4X10's, who receive OT on the 5th day of work and double time on the 6th day, were being converted to 5X8's every Peak so that they didn't have to pay us double time for our 6th day. Said it wasn't fair to 5X8's if we got double time. Never mind that for the whole year they wanted us to work 4X10's so that they could save on not paying OT. That on holidays we only got 8 hrs of pay, not 10 and were thus shorted on any week with a holiday. They must have gotten spanked with a lawsuit because they cut out converting us to 5X8's during Peak and FedEx never voluntarily does anything that costs them money.

FedupExpress

I did not call in sick, he said I was over 55 hours and to take the day off

The words lwop were never used, I imagine that was his plan though
To cut my pay.

They are all rat scum bags.

FedupExpress

Now, now dano would think this is great management!
I figured I'd try, let my manager know

He said, "probably because I didn't clock in Saturday it kicked out your day off Overtime".

Apparently he's going to fix it, maybe I'll get paid next check.

The :censored2: part is some couriers never catch these mishaps and don't get paid.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Thats not how it works. Your manager is trying to get one by you. You need to speak to your senior or HR. Days off are OT if you come in to work and you are not on the schedule.
That's not how it works. If your regular schedule is 5 days, working your day off isn't OT if you are off (personal, sick, LWOP) one of the other days that you normally work.

FedupExpress

That's not how it works. If your regular schedule is 5 days, working your day off isn't OT if you are off (personal, sick, LWOP) one of the other days that you normally work.
Yes, I was aware of this but I didn't call out
I wanted to come in to work but my manager insisted that I take the day off because I had over 55 hours.

That's the catch, I wanted to come in.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Yes, I was aware of this but I didn't call out
I wanted to come in to work but my manager insisted that I take the day off because I had over 55 hours.

That's the catch, I wanted to come in.
If you were on the schedule to work, and you wanted to work, you should have gone in, in spite of your managers wishes. Adequate notice is required.

yadig

Hey goobar!! He was forced to not work his scheduled day. Please explain how this superior manager was right.

bacha29

Upon reading all these differing work schedule, work hours, days on/days off what stands out here is the complete lack of a standard work week pay scale and rules.
The cause is very simple
It's the complete lack of a labor contract that sets standards by which FDX can use it's labor force.
The result is the company using "operational needs" or "management discretion" to go on their merry old way doing whatever they want to whomever they want.
Too late to do anything about it now given that if all goes according to publicly disclosed restructuring plans the vast majority of FDX employed workers will be out of a job.
The lesson here is that if anyone is seriously considering going to work for a Ground contractor they won't be treated in the same fashion they were treated when they worked directly for FDX.....It will be much worse.

Artee

Thats what I said. I asked if he called in sick or took an LWOP which would void his OT. You gotta read more than one sentence.

FedupExpress

If you were on the schedule to work, and you wanted to work, you should have gone in, in spite of your managers wishes. Adequate notice is required.

Thats what I said. I asked if he called in sick or took an LWOP which would void his OT. You gotta read more than one sentence.
I knew about this, but I didn't call in sick, again my manager insisted I take the day off because I had "plenty of hours" over 55.
I wanted to work because I was foreshadowing no work from here on out... On Which I was correct.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I knew about this, but I didn't call in sick, again my manager insisted I take the day off because I had "plenty of hours" over 55.
I wanted to work because I was foreshadowing no work from here on out... On Which I was correct.
Next time say no and come in to work. By agreeing you gave up the OT. I made that mistake once in my career and learned my lesson. Never happened again.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Upon reading all these differing work schedule, work hours, days on/days off what stands out here is the complete lack of a standard work week pay scale and rules.
The cause is very simple
It's the complete lack of a labor contract that sets standards by which FDX can use it's labor force.
The result is the company using "operational needs" or "management discretion" to go on their merry old way doing whatever they want to whomever they want.
Too late to do anything about it now given that if all goes according to publicly disclosed restructuring plans the vast majority of FDX employed workers will be out of a job.
The lesson here is that if anyone is seriously considering going to work for a Ground contractor they won't be treated in the same fashion they were treated when they worked directly for FDX.....It will be much worse.
Once again you speak of what you don’t know just to hear yourself speak. The rules are the same. It’s called policy. The difference is when people either don’t know the policy and/or don’t insist on management or the company following it.

bacha29

Once again you speak of what you don’t know just to hear yourself speak. The rules are the same. It’s called policy. The difference is when people either don’t know the policy and/or don’t insist on management or the company following it.
EXACTLY!! When there is no binding covenant in place and no governing legal authority in place with the power to make it binding the interpretation and application of policy as it pertains to everyday events is whatever the ranking manager present at that particular time and place determines it to be.

But then again in a few more months if the disemboweling of Express continues on schedule many thousands of loyal FDX employees will find themselves at a crossroads in their lives wondering which road they should take with many still disbelieving of what has happened to them.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
EXACTLY!! When there is no binding covenant in place and no governing legal authority in place with the power to make it binding the interpretation and application of policy as it pertains to everyday events is whatever the ranking manager present at that particular time and place determines it to be.

But then again in a few more months if the disemboweling of Express continues on schedule many thousands of loyal FDX employees will find themselves at a crossroads in their lives wondering which road they should take with many still disbelieving of what has happened to them.

For some reason your posts make me think of Oswald.