Overtime Question

Discussion in 'FedEx Discussions' started by Bingo, Dec 25, 2019.

1. Bingo

Bingo Member

Fedex Express- When you work on your normal day off- You get 1 1/2 time pay-Then if you go over 8 hours then you get 2x pay- I believe if you go over 12 hours then those hours are even higher. Am I correct

2. burrheadd

burrheadd KING Of GIFS

over 12 Fred personally sends you a holiday ham

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  3. MassWineGuy

MassWineGuy Well-Known Member

Not certain, but I think anything over 12 is double.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  4. Operational needs

Operational needs Virescit Vulnere Virtus

Anything over 12 is double on a regular day. Not sure about on day off.

5. Cactus

Cactus Just telling it like it is

It is/was.

Also a good way to infuriate a manager.

6. MrFedEx

MrFedEx Engorged Member

I distinctly remember finding a lot of timecards that were doctored by management to be 11:59 or 7:59. That's theft, but FedEx doesn't see it that way. Dano will tell you that's a "lie", but it isn't. Active timecard falsification was widespread and encouraged to keep those reports looking good, and save Fred money.

This is why you always keep track of your time. It's amazing how many people do not.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2019
  7. Operational needs

More like sends you to the gulag. Lol.

8. MrFedEx

MrFedEx Engorged Member

It's always funny that they want you to waive minimums the day after you get 12 or 13 hours, so you don't go way over for the week.

Now that Peak is over, there will be the usual attempts to get you to go home early too. I'd never do it and always get 8.

9. Nolimitz

Nolimitz Well-Known Member

I worked 11 hrs 2 weeks ago on my day off was all 1 1/2. double time on my 6th day (sat)

10. bacha29

bacha29 Well-Known Member

Butt portion with the bone still in it. Fat Freddy wanted to send you a cut of meat you could easily identify.

11. Jkloc420

Jkloc420 Well-Known Member

jobs jobs jobs

12. Operational needs

I never experienced either of those two incidences. I worked my hours.

13. 59 Dano

59 Dano I just want to make friends!

Dano won't tell you it's a lie. Dano will tell you that the MF floods the board with all sorts of firsthand horror stories that he claims are widespread throughout the company, despite no one else witnessing such dastardly acts. Dano won't tell you that the MF shouldn't be believed, but merely to consider the credibility of claims levied by someone with an unnatural and pathological hatred for the company.

14. 59 Dano

And you don't appear to be crazy.

15. Operational needs

You are wrong. FedEx DOES see it as theft. That’s why plenty of management have been fired for changing time cards and also why when a manager does change a time card they are supposed to have the employee initial any changes. It is an audit item.

16. 59 Dano

Oh come on, that's just crazy talk!

17. MrFedEx

MrFedEx Engorged Member

If they get caught. There are many employees who don't check time cards. Fred sees anything he can get away with as an "opportunity", not theft.

While I have seen my fair share of managers fired for this, it seemed to take a long time for it to catch up with them. There are all sorts of ways for management to shave hours that aren't legitimate.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2019