Owners?

SmithBarney

Starting Express courier is at 17.50 at lower market areas.
Wrong, I'm in the 2nd to lowest market level, and starting is between 14.75 and 15.05 (I forget exactly)
and after I'm done paying my own health care(don't fall for the scam that Fred pays for any of it)
But anyway this discussion is about a Ground driver... hey if you don't need benefits, you are making almost
twice what a 5-8 year Express guy is taking home.(at 40hrs a week)

SmithBarney

..when I catch the current top-out...

Worst Part, the way it is designed, and the way the company is so secretive about progression(ie it's always changing) You'll(and me) will never catch current rate.

Last year the bottom 3rd got 3%, so did the top 3rd. 3% of TOP is bigger than 3% of Bottom range.(so they got farther away) Mid range employees got a bigger bump, but the differential for most stayed the same as it was, a very small percentage got closer to topped out.

overflowed

This is current, 2012 pay scales...

Payscale
Start Top-out
L 19.03 28.07
J 17.80 26.99
H 17.22 26.08
friend 16.66 25.25
E 16.08 24.38
A 15.53 23.59
B 14.46 22.57

This is for a regular courier.

Actually, now that I looked at this a little closer at this, when I transferred stations they took about three bucks . But according to this they shoulda only took about two. what a bunch of pricks.

whenIgetthere

Worst Part, the way it is designed, and the way the company is so secretive about progression(ie it's always changing) You'll(and me) will never catch current rate.

Last year the bottom 3rd got 3%, so did the top 3rd. 3% of TOP is bigger than 3% of Bottom range.(so they got farther away) Mid range employees got a bigger bump, but the differential for most stayed the same as it was, a very small percentage got closer to topped out.

I believe the bottom got 2%, the top 3%, leaving us ever further from top out!

Goldilocks

Wish you could be topped out in 18 months like we did. It doesn't seem fair. Most topped out couriers in my station made over $2000 the week of Christmas. And even the week after because of the clean up.

vantexan

Actually the bottom half of mid-range got 3%, those just over the halfway mark in the third quartile got 5%, those in the 4th quartile got 6% up to the top-out mark, and top-out got 3%. You are right that the halfway point most years will probably move up, thus making it harder for the lower half to catch it and get a bigger raise. What I was saying is by the time I get to current top-out, which is $22.57, it will take so long that with inflation I won't be much better off than I am now at $18.17 as everything will cost more. Didn't know my old station is now an A station, was a B when I was there.

A

Amigonnamakeit

Actually the bottom half of mid-range got 3%, those just over the halfway mark in the third quartile got 5%, those in the 4th quartile got 6% up to the top-out mark, and top-out got 3%. You are right that the halfway point most years will probably move up, thus making it harder for the lower half to catch it and get a bigger raise. What I was saying is by the time I get to current top-out, which is $22.57, it will take so long that with inflation I won't be much better off than I am now at $18.17 as everything will cost more. Didn't know my old station is now an A station, was a B when I was there.
Are we getting our raises this coming year? I haven't heard anything about them yet. If we do I'm sure we will hear the usual story that we are lucky to be getting them.

vantexan

Are we getting our raises this coming year? I haven't heard anything about them yet. If we do I'm sure we will hear the usual story that we are lucky to be getting them.

The raises we got last year were supposed to be the start of a new pay system. Of course they can change course like they've done before but considering the profits they made last year and the increased profits they project they'll make, most likely this system will be in place for awhile. What will be interesting is if they will give topped out couriers raises or raise starting pay. Either one will raise the middle of the range and have newer employees chasing bigger raises for many years.

A

Amigonnamakeit

The raises we got last year were supposed to be the start of a new pay system. Of course they can change course like they've done before but considering the profits they made last year and the increased profits they project they'll make, most likely this system will be in place for awhile. What will be interesting is if they will give topped out couriers raises or raise starting pay. Either one will raise the middle of the range and have newer employees chasing bigger raises for many years.
I'm topped out so I sure hope I'm would be getting a raise if everyone else is getting one. I guess I should pay more attention because I don't know anything about the new pay system. I come in and try to stay under the radar do my job and go home.

vantexan

I'm topped out so I sure hope I'm would be getting a raise if everyone else is getting one. I guess I should pay more attention because I don't know anything about the new pay system. I come in and try to stay under the radar do my job and go home.

And your 3% will be considerably more than my 3% as your raise is based on higher pay. Last March I went from $4.27 from top-out to $4.40 from top-out. That's on the lowest payscale.

whenIgetthere

Wish you could be topped out in 18 months like we did. It doesn't seem fair. Most topped out couriers in my station made over $2000 the week of Christmas. And even the week after because of the clean up.

For 51 hours work the week of Christmas, I grossed less than 1100. Last week, was lucky to get minimum!

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
And your 3% will be considerably more than my 3% as your raise is based on higher pay. Last March I went from $4.27 from top-out to $4.40 from top-out. That's on the lowest payscale.
That's absolutely horrible. Amazing how Smith and MT3 can sleep at night.