P1 committment time changing

AB831

Then it’s up to the company to explain to the customer to that things have changed, not for drivers to put up the facade that all is normal.
^^This. The onus isn't on the drivers to cover up the company's disingenuous business practices.

bbsam

Staff member
In all fairness, I haven’t heard any stories around here about anyone being upset about shipping delays. I did have one lady that I delivered to perplexed because she didn’t think she was expecting anything. Then she looked and was shocked because she had just ordered it a couple days prior and had been told it would arrive in 2 1/2 weeks.

Overall, I’d say people are generally understanding.

Anyone who isn’t can go friend themselves. :)

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

In all fairness, I haven’t heard any stories around here about anyone being upset about shipping delays. I did have one lady that I delivered to perplexed because she didn’t think she was expecting anything. Then she looked and was shocked because she had just ordered it a couple days prior and had been told it would arrive in 2 1/2 weeks.

Overall, I’d say people are generally understanding.

Anyone who isn’t can go friend themselves. :)

..or maybe she was just overcome by how pretty you are... :)

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
You are correct, in that I don’t think it’s right, but that’s not what management thinks.

Management bases it’s decision on whether or not the customer will require a refund, and if we can justify not giving one.

And yet management is still focused on service.

That still doesn’t address delivery obstacles that can turn an 8 hour day into a 12 hour day. The stuff that modified straight lining can mitigate.

I'm not saying that straightlining doesn't have a place, I'm saying that it should be used when it's actually needed instead of being used as an excuse to screw customers.

59 Dano

We charge for P1 service but we just move the time up to noon? How is that servicing the customer who wanted P1 that has always meant 1030 and now it's not. Has the price charged gone down to accommodate the newer commit time?

"You can pay this price to have it there by 2000 or this higher price to have it there by 1200. Take your pick."

And if I'm going from 30+ P1 to 55-60 P1, will I still have 85 P2 or will my P2 count go down to keep the same total number of stops?

When did I become responsible for your stop count?

59 Dano

Then it’s up to the company to explain to the customer to that things have changed, not for drivers to put up the facade that all is normal.

Customers aren't complaining about the change and it's not the drivers' obligation to explain all of that to them.

McFeely

Huge Member
Customers aren't complaining about the change and it's not the drivers' obligation to explain all of that to them.

I'm curious how many customers even know about the change. Also curious if they're going to tweak our DRA routes to reflect the 10:30/12:00 change or just leave ROADS stickers with 10:30 commit times on them.

AB831

I'm curious how many customers even know about the change. Also curious if they're going to tweak our DRA routes to reflect the 10:30/12:00 change or just leave ROADS stickers with 10:30 commit times on them.
The latter. Anything that requires effort from management will be left undone.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
The suspension of the MBG is to accommodate issues created by circumstances similar to the one you mentioned and it isn't a "SCREW IT, LET'S STRAIGHTLINE" blank check, though some stations are using it for that reason.
Do you think it's right to charge for a service you have no intention of delivering because you know you can keep the money?
I'm not saying that straightlining doesn't have a place, I'm saying that it should be used when it's actually needed instead of being used as an excuse to screw customers.
Thank you for agreeing it's management and not couriers who are making those decisions to screw the customer.

59 Dano

I think all DRA routes are going to be SRA for this. Not sure though.