P1 committment time changing

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Hell, some of our couriers can’t even read a paper map. But they still need the DRA sequence # to find the package in their truck.

We have full DRA routes that people still plot every stop in their phone, even though there’s a paper map with every stop plotted for them.

Then when the battery dies or there's a service outage, they're screwed.

59 Dano

DRA straight PO til 1200 would be a terrible strategy. If the SRA structure is good, then it would still need to be redone by the engineers. I think you get more gains and value from working the DRA plan.

They are going to restructure SRA routes (and possibly convert DRA to restructured SRA).

Ideally, PT underutilized PO routes are eliminated and routes can mix during the PO cycle. The overall idea is not to send out any more PO routes than you’d have after 1200.

It depends on the loop. Some are loading up the PT route with pure P1 stops and starting the FT route later and giving it a larger share of pickups. There are plenty of ways to make these changes and they depend on the needs of the loop/station. In some areas it will solve problems and in other areas it will expose problems.

59 Dano

We were told today that residentials only will be changing to a 12:00 commit time.

That's the plan after this temporary plan.

I've spoken to other stations and it seems like it's different everywhere. This all sounds like another yeet by Raj in an attempt to stop the bleeding.

1200 resi commits have been considered several times before and I'm surprised they didn't switch them years ago. A ridiculous number of home are unoccupied during the day and that extra 90 minutes doesn't mean squat when the people who live there won't be home until 1600.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

That's the plan after this temporary plan.

1200 resi commits have been considered several times before and I'm surprised they didn't switch them years ago. A ridiculous number of home are unoccupied during the day and that extra 90 minutes doesn't mean squat when the people who live there won't be home until 1600.

...unless of course the recipient needs the documents for their 11 am closing...

Maui

They are going to restructure SRA routes (and possibly convert DRA to restructured SRA).

It depends on the loop. Some are loading up the PT route with pure P1 stops and starting the FT route later and giving it a larger share of pickups. There are plenty of ways to make these changes and they depend on the needs of the loop/station. In some areas it will solve problems and in other areas it will expose problems.

There are definitely different ways to solve the puzzle. I know there were some plans to restructure and that's probably happening in some places, but I know others will stick with DRA. Locations with high turnover and relatively newer couriers will struggle if they turn off DRA.

Stations approach this differently because there are so many variables - staffing, trucks, specific customer needs, volume, etc.

SmithBarney

Ha! That would be a nightmare, a lot of people depend on the map, without the map, they'd be lost in space using their GPS and taking forever to finish.
We've had CRRs transfer in from DRA stations, go straight into panic mode when finding out they don't have DRA anymore.

59 Dano

Stations approach this differently because there are so many variables - staffing, trucks, specific customer needs, volume, etc.

Yep. Some are complaining that not all stations will implement this in exactly the same way. Hell, that would defeat much of the purpose.