P1 committment time changing

McFeely

Huge Member
I think all DRA routes are going to be SRA for this. Not sure though.

Oy. Our SRA boundaries are ancient for our current DRA routes. I'd likely have 140+ stops a day if we went SRA.

Side note: one day during peak this year DRA crapped so the system defaulted to SRA on my route and I had over 440 stops. Normal day is 100.

SmithBarney

Oy. Our SRA boundaries are ancient for our current DRA routes. I'd likely have 140+ stops a day if we went SRA.

Side note: one day during peak this year DRA crapped so the system defaulted to SRA on my route and I had over 440 stops. Normal day is 100.
But the real question is did you get all your P1s off and finish your 440 stops?

Maui

I think all DRA routes are going to be SRA for this. Not sure though.
I'd doubt that. You can manipulate DRA to take advantage of the expanded window. While DRA can not be changed to reflect the 1200 time change, the sort down can be changed. It would be a terrible idea to add 90 minutes though as it would just massively extend the PO area of a few route and then create P2 only routes. You want to max the stops in a given area without having 2 routes in the same area. SRA would probably mean a route restructure that takes time to produce the same gains you can immediately by working the DRA times.

And as many already know, some really rely on the maps that are generated. Some rely so much they can't straight-line.

McFeely

Huge Member
And as many already know, some really rely on the maps that are generated. Some rely so much they can't straight-line.

Hell, some of our couriers can’t even read a paper map. But they still need the DRA sequence # to find the package in their truck.

We have full DRA routes that people still plot every stop in their phone, even though there’s a paper map with every stop plotted for them.

FedexGirl

If DRA builds straight P1 til 1200, some couriers will be in areas they have never seen, with possible multiple bulks. There would still be a problem with lates. P2 would have to be reduced greatly per route to compensate. Don’t get me started on P1 business reattempts and SOS. SRA would at least keep the boundaries under control.

FedexGirl

Hell, some of our couriers can’t even read a paper map. But they still need the DRA sequence # to find the package in their truck.

We have full DRA routes that people still plot every stop in their phone, even though there’s a paper map with every stop plotted for them.
Most people I know do that because external technology runs circles around DRA

Cactus

Just telling it like it is

That’s pretty sad.

Maui

If DRA builds straight P1 til 1200, some couriers will be in areas they have never seen, with possible multiple bulks. There would still be a problem with lates. P2 would have to be reduced greatly per route to compensate. Don’t get me started on P1 business reattempts and SOS. SRA would at least keep the boundaries under control.
DRA straight PO til 1200 would be a terrible strategy. If the SRA structure is good, then it would still need to be redone by the engineers. I think you get more gains and value from working the DRA plan.

Ideally, PT underutilized PO routes are eliminated and routes can mix during the PO cycle. The overall idea is not to send out any more PO routes than you’d have after 1200.

McFeely

Huge Member
Most people I know do that because external technology runs circles around DRA

And a good courier (at least the regular on a route) should be able to run circles around most mapping apps on a phone. Add in the time spent inputting addresses and those who can read a map probably still win.

Damon77

We were told today that residentials only will be changing to a 12:00 commit time. I've spoken to other stations and it seems like it's different everywhere. This all sounds like another yeet by Raj in an attempt to stop the bleeding.

FedexGirl

I'd doubt that. You can manipulate DRA to take advantage of the expanded window. While DRA can not be changed to reflect the 1200 time change, the sort down can be changed. It would be a terrible idea to add 90 minutes though as it would just massively extend the PO area of a few route and then create P2 only routes. You want to max the stops in a given area without having 2 routes in the same area. SRA would probably mean a route restructure that takes time to produce the same gains you can immediately by working the DRA times.

We were told today that residentials only will be changing to a 12:00 commit time. I've spoken to other stations and it seems like it's different everywhere. This all sounds like another yeet by Raj in an attempt to stop the bleeding.[/QUO