Package car decals

oldngray

nowhere special
I don't mind people stopping by and saying hi, but I had these two idiots, that claimed they were feeder drivers from the northeast.

They stopped me twice. EACH TIME, those a-holes parked their stupid PT cruiser RIGHT. IN FRONT. of the package car.

Asking me stupid questions they should ALREADY know the answer to. And then of course they took their sweet ass time to move their stupid car to get out of my way... Made me so angry. Not because I'm in a rush, but because they're obnoxious, and annoying, and I heard they did this to a few other drivers, too.

Idiots.

Usually a-holes like that were management and not hourly.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1429469284.040946.jpg

This is what our fleet looks like, they don't even use duct tape over the holes. We had a few cars where the car number decals peeled off, I noticed the other day those cars finally got new decals on them. My car got it's once a year wash a week ago, they left most of the dirt on it.

rod

Retired 22 years
It is not because they were a well liked company, it is because there was no competition. It was either UPS or the Post Office.

They did not have to advertise.

You forgot Railway Express and a thousand other small delivery companies. Railway Express was nationwide when UPS was only east of the Mississippi and the 3 left coast states. Also Peralator (sp) was big time. UPS has always had competition.

rod

Retired 22 years
View attachment 36029

This is what our fleet looks like, they don't even use duct tape over the holes. We had a few cars where the car number decals peeled off, I noticed the other day those cars finally got new decals on them. My car got it's once a year wash a week ago, they left most of the dirt on it.

That's how the Railway Express trucks looked shortly before they went down the toilet.

rod

Retired 22 years
I love having tourists upsers stop and say hi. Takes 45 seconds to make this whole company feel like a worldwide family.
And, yes, they know the conversation needs to be short.

I didn't mind the real UPSers stopping to say hi. What bugged me was when someone just had to interrupt your day to tell you about their second cousin who was a big shot somewhere at UPS. Good god---they always had to be a BIG SHOT somewhere.

whenIgetthere

The drive through carwashes recycle the water, that's required by the EPA. The problem with that is they have to maintain the filters. If they don't the water smells bad.

I think they removed "synchronizing the world of commerce" because it really sounded too complicated.

I know it's the competition but FedEx's "The world on Time" sounds a lot better and simpler.

Unfortunately, FedEx now thinks "The World On Time" is too expensive! Now it's "The World If We Have Time".

whenIgetthere

I would have told him in no uncertain terms to get the bleep out of my package car and to mind his own bleeping business.

Last summer I was delivering to Gamestop with NDA's still on the car when a retiree who was on vacation in the area decided he wanted to stop me and talk shop. Needless to say that didn't happen.

Had a retired FedEx employee do that to me a couple of weeks ago, telling me how much he loved Fedex. I was on my P1 cycle, so I just told him, it ain't the same company anymore.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Noticed a freshly painted on lacking those decals, but I thought nothing of it because where our paint is done, many decals and badges are missing.

oldngray

nowhere special
Getting stuff sent out for weeks at a time for stuff like that to be repaired is easier said than done.

Do you even have a paint booth? My building had one but stopped being used. They sent everything out of state to be painted. A 3rd party collision shop repaired body damage.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
It's all done off property now by an outside vendor. The paint program is pretty much in suspended animation right now. At least, I'm told, damage repairs don't come off Automotive's budget.