Package car decals

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
You forgot Railway Express and a thousand other small delivery companies. Railway Express was nationwide when UPS was only east of the Mississippi and the 3 left coast states. Also Peralator (sp) was big time. UPS has always had competition.
Nobody used them. That's why they went out of business.

UPS's advertisement was clean, professional drivers driving clean package cars.

No beards, tattoos, long hair or sloppy uniforms with a daily washed package car.

That is all the advertisement they needed.

They only advertise now because FedEx is a serious threat. They never had a threat before.

Sure, some local companies delivering a few packages, but they kept the government off their backs claiming they were a monopoly.

rod

Retired 22 years
Nobody used them. That's why they went out of business.

UPS's advertisement was clean, professional drivers driving clean package cars.

No beards, tattoos, long hair or sloppy uniforms with a daily washed package car.

That is all the advertisement they needed.

They only advertise now because FedEx is a serious threat. They never had a threat before.

Sure, some local companies delivering a few packages, but they kept the government off their backs claiming they were a monopoly.

Railway Express was in business for many years. I had 2 friends who worked for them back in 1971 when I started. They were just as busy as us---if not more because they delivered nation wide and UPS's area was spotty. (NOTHING between the Mississippi River states and the west coast. They when out of business because of poor management decisions--(sound familiar). If you think UPS could NEVER be replaced I heard that same thing about Railway Express back in the 70's. Your argument about "clean, professional drivers driving clean package cars" won't hold water today. Now its dirty package cars and drivers who don't even have a second to spare to say hi to the public and are forced to make up lies about "weather conditions" being the reason a package is late. I got a package delivered today. I'm sure the driver knew I was a retired driver but he didn't have time to say boo. He literally threw the package on my front porch and sped off. If I was an average Joe Blow customer I probably would have called in a complaint on him but being I knew what was in the package and understand the horse:censored2: working conditions the guys are under now I just laughed it off. Keep drinking that brown Kool-Aid

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Railway Express was in business for many years. I had 2 friends who worked for them back in 1971 when I started. They were just as busy as us---if not more because they delivered nation wide and UPS's area was spotty. (NOTHING between the Mississippi River states and the west coast. They when out of business because of poor management decisions--(sound familiar). If you think UPS could NEVER be replaced I heard that same thing about Railway Express back in the 70's. Your argument about "clean, professional drivers driving clean package cars" won't hold water today. Now its dirty package cars and drivers who don't even have a second to spare to say hi to the public and are forced to make up lies about "weather conditions" being the reason a package is late. I got a package delivered today. I'm sure the driver knew I was a retired driver but he didn't have time to say boo. He literally threw the package on my front porch and sped off. If I was an average Joe Blow customer I probably would have called in a complaint on him but being I knew what was in the package and understand the horse:censored2: working conditions the guys are under now I just laughed it off. Keep drinking that brown Kool-Aid
Yes, UPS can be replaced. Hell, we replaced REA.

And I was basically referring to the time when UPS delivered nationwide. Late 70's to early 80's.

REA was already out of business and UPS had no competition.

The Driver

I drive.
I got a package delivered today. I'm sure the driver knew I was a retired driver but he didn't have time to say boo. He literally threw the package on my front porch and sped off. If I was an average Joe Blow customer I probably would have called in a complaint on him but being I knew what was in the package and understand the horse:censored2: working conditions the guys are under now I just laughed it off. Keep drinking that brown Kool-Aid

If you wanted human contact, order it signature required. ;)