Package Car Drivers Now Exempt

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
It's always possible the FMCSA will appeal the provision that was vacated, but seeing as most of the rule that they are really concerned with was upheld I'm betting they won't. There is no mention of this in their press release News Release - Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration and the agency is touting it as a victory which it was. Here is a link to the actual decision:

http://www.cadc.uscourts.gov/intern...18F85257BBB004DEFAD/$file/12-1092-1449738.pdf
http://www.cadc.uscourts.gov/intern...18F85257BBB004DEFAD/$file/12-1092-1449738.pdf
The section relevant to the 30 minute break period starts on page 16 and continues to the end.

Changing gears, ATA next argues FMCSA acted
arbitrarily and irrationally by failing to explain the agency’s
decision to apply the 30-minute break requirement to shorthaul drivers. See ATA Br. 50–51. This claim has far more
traction. Despite the many paragraphs scattered throughout
the multiple rulemakings distinguishing short- and long-haul
trucking both in degree and in kind, see, e.g., 2011 Final Rule
at 81,141; 2010 NPRM at 82,175; 2005 Final Rule at 49,995–
96; 2003 Final Rule at 22,482, the 2011 Final Rule contains
not one word justifying the agency’s decision to apply the
new requirement to the unique context of short-haul
operations.9
The agency responds meekly, suggesting that the
general explanation for the necessity of a 30-minute break
“applies, on its face, to short-haul as well as long-haul
drivers.” Respondent Br. 79. Because such conclusory, posthoc rationalization falls far short of what is required under
State Farm, we think the offending requirement must be
vacated. See 463 U.S. at 50.

feeder05

for all of you guys giving back 30 min to the company, thank you. I'll make sure I go even slower, and I'm in feeder, I don't know if I can go any slower...lol

Old International

Now driving a Sterling
A short-haul driver is defined by FMCSA as one who either operates a vehicle that does not require CDL or who operates withing a 150-mile radius of the location where the driver reports to and is released from. We are short haul drivers, interstate, outta state or intrasrate does not matter.

I referencing the article linked in the other thread.
I guess that I can ignore the 30 minute rule also, since the farthest I go from my base is 55 miles. Isn't feeders great!!!

All the run and guns that are happy now make about as much sense as slaves that are happy that their master bought a new whip.

brostalss

Damn. I thought we were going to be exempt from being blamed for all the screw ups preload and management does. Wishful thinking.

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
Non starter for us Washington guys. We have to take meal between the 3rd and 5th hour. And I think in Oregon it's between the 3rd and 6th. State laws...yaaaaaay....But I'm all about taking my meal. I usually take it as soon as my businesses are done when I'm driving.

brownIEman