Package car drivers who give out dog treats

Buck Fifty

Its all good til you run over one of 'em. That is such a treat. I don't and they are still my buddy, the owner still smiles, and they still wag their tails ( the dogs ). My dog already eats about $10 a week.

Cementups

Box Monkey
I don't feed or touch (I don't like the smell of them) the dogs on my area. And I ask my cover drivers to also not feed the dogs. They know not to expect food from me and I don't need one guy ruining that for me. I used to have a guy who would cover my old route and would feed the dogs no matter how much I asked him not to. Drove me frickin batty.

L

Loufan

These dogs are gonna be pissed when you guys go on vacation and the replacement driver doesn't have dog treats!

old brown shoe

30 year driver
The dogs on my route think the brown truck is a dog treat vending machine. I go through lots of them and know how many I need at each stop. Either one for each or a couple for very large dogs. At one time some would not even let me out of the truck growling and barking. Now they come running up tail wagging and happy to see me. I always leave extras in the truck for cover drivers to keep my furry customers happy.

Bad Gas!

I don't feed or touch (I don't like the smell of them) the dogs on my area. And I ask my cover drivers to also not feed the dogs. They know not to expect food from me and I don't need one guy ruining that for me. I used to have a guy who would cover my old route and would feed the dogs no matter how much I asked him not to. Drove me frickin batty.

Wush!

brown bomber

brown bomber
when I was driving , my motto was.......take care of the dogs......I delivered in a semi-rural area, 25% of my deliveries had a dog on the property, running loose...if the dog is outside and seems happy to see me, I'm quite certain that it will not have a reaction to a dog biscuit, considering this pup has been eating anything available

U

uber

My dad taught me this sweet spot that you can grab where the eyes meet the bridge of a dogs nose that will get them to submit and instill fear in them.

I'll always remember it so if a crazy ass dog gets my foot when I'm a driver I can put it in its place.

(Upstate telling me that I'm an animal abuser and should be in prison in 5...4...3...2...)

Packmule

Used to, but it unfortunately brings the dogs running to the truck when you approach the stop. They also hang around too close when you are trying to leave again. Had one belly crawl under the truck after I started moving last spring. OMG! Did UPS ever act like a bunch of jackasses! Slowly now, the dogs are getting less and less interested in the truck when I am around. Much safer for them and my career.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
The only thing dogs get from me is an occasional DIAD in the mouth. Now if I had a box of pink tutu wearing kittens I might do me some feeding.

gman042

Been around the block a few times
Treats have save my butt many times from getting bitten. Would rather have the dogs chewing on a biscuit than choice sections of me. I think that this is another UPS policy that makes little practical sense where driver safety is concerned.

CharleyHustle

No. Never have and never felt the need. The issue today is there are so many more irresponsible dog owners than there used to be. People who live in small apartments and house trailers who have large dogs like pits and boxers and the ones who get herding dogs and keep them penned or tied up. This on top of the "owners" who fail to teach their dogs even the simplest commands such as coming when called. I had a guy that let a pit out as I was about to get out of the truck and said he was fine, I said he's not coming when you call him so why would the dog listen to me.