Package Cars and Tornadoes

Tony Q

Latest update,@Tony Q now says contract is great again, now back to your regularly scheduled posting. Thank you.
There is no contract that is ever going to be a 100% slam dunk. I am betting that this contract isn't bad for YOU and a lot of others. I also think misery loves company. I think this contract has a lot of stuff to offer and at 14.8 billion over 5 years, you will have a hard time explaining that to the general public in the even that we go on strike. I know that you don't believe that we will ever eventually go on strike, but it is a real possibility. I for one did not want a strike to happen. Now I don't feel the same way. The members have spoken and even if I don't necessarily agree with them I will do what I can do to meet their demands to change this equation in the event that this contract is not ratified.

bumped

There is no contract that is ever going to be a 100% slam dunk. I am betting that this contract isn't bad for YOU and a lot of others. I also think misery loves company. I think this contract has a lot of stuff to offer and at 14.8 billion over 5 years, you will have a hard time explaining that to the general public in the even that we go on strike. I know that you don't believe that we will ever eventually go on strike, but it is a real possibility. I for one did not want a strike to happen. Now I don't feel the same way. The members have spoken and even if I don't necessarily agree with them I will do what I can do to meet their demands to change this equation in the event that this contract is not ratified.

There is no reason I should be out delivering at 8:30pm during the summer. The general public sees this and understands that most of us don't want to be working the hours that we work. The hybrid driver is not going to change that. UPS will not start running more routes, and UPS will not start hiring more people. Unless there is some set in stone hours of operation for a package car driver outside of November/December that is unacceptable to me. I can't rely on hybrid drivers "lowering" my dispatch. I've been at UPS for almost 25 years, and we are short drivers all the time. That is the UPS plan. I'm willing to strike.

Tony Q

There is no reason I should be out delivering at 8:30pm during the summer. The general public sees this and understands that most of us don't want to be working the hours that we work. The hybrid driver is not going to change that. UPS will not start running more routes, and UPS will not start hiring more people. Unless there is some set in stone hours of operation for a package car driver outside of November/December that is unacceptable to me. I can't rely on hybrid drivers "lowering" my dispatch. I've been at UPS for almost 25 years, and we are short drivers all the time. That is the UPS plan. I'm willing to strike.
You might get the opportunity.

Brown Biscuit

Blind every day
Didn’t know this happened yesterday. Was wondering why I got a safety message “Remember to adjust to changing conditions. Tornado warnings. Use 3 points of contact at all times.” :happy-very:

clean hairy

He did fail to use the safe driving methods.
"Take the path of least resistance"
Do you suppose Management might claim if he had been following Orion 100% he would not have been there in the first place?
Seriously, though, hope the injuries are not severe and he is back soon!