Package Driver shoots dog

alexfo7o

the only prayer this guy has is if he had about 30 years of clean service and asks for another chance.

I agree! That i THE ONLY chance! other than that I would love to take his job! if a ****** dog chases me I will shine my DIAD's LASER in his eyes. the other issue here is he had a gun while not only on the clock but also in BROWN AND in a residential area.

Last edited by a moderator:

bubsdad

"Hang in there!"
I agree! That i THE ONLY chance! other than that I would love to take his job! if a ****** dog chases me I will shine my DIAD's LASER in his eyes. the other issue here is he had a gun while not only on the clock but also in BROWN AND in a residential area.
I would think the real issue is the dude has issues.

neartom

Driver went to panel and lost, Sorry, I did not post sooner.
On topix.net, the driver was known as the " Urban Puppy Shooter",
get it.... U.P.S.

M

Mike23

Hmm...guess the states are more screwed up then I thought. The driver lost for shooting a dog even though your country rights state you have the right to bare arms?

Next they'll say you can't go up to a sup and say, 'I think you're a $#@#$@# idiot!'...There goes freedom of speech!

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Mike, not sure what your point is here. The driver lost his job and rightly so. It is against UPS policy to carry a firearm on the job, which is what the driver did. Yes, we have the right to bear arms but not while on the job at UPS.

M

Mike23

Mike, not sure what your point is here. The driver lost his job and rightly so. It is against UPS policy to carry a firearm on the job, which is what the driver did. Yes, we have the right to bear arms but not while on the job at UPS.

If it's you RIGHT it should make it so that UPS can't over ride it. It's you right and therefore cannot be forfeited for a bogus company policy. Otherwise it opens the door to all sorts of rights forfeiting like the right to socialize (we'll be told who we're allowed to communicate with and who not to at work). I tend to hold my rights very highly in my life and asking to forfeit one is, honestly to me, kind of treasonous. I'm not American though so not too sure how it's seen as in the states.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
If it's you RIGHT it should make it so that UPS can't over ride it. It's you right and therefore cannot be forfeited for a bogus company policy. Otherwise it opens the door to all sorts of rights forfeiting like the right to socialize (we'll be told who we're allowed to communicate with and who not to at work). I tend to hold my rights very highly in my life and asking to forfeit one is, honestly to me, kind of treasonous. I'm not American though so not too sure how it's seen as in the states.
I knew you weren't from the states Mike. Our gun laws can be a little strange here. Our constitution gives us the right to bear arms, its true. But the laws are dictated by the states. We have many states that have outlawed the right to own firearms. I can tell you that in AZ the owner of property has the right to say whether guns are permitted on that property. That goes for business as well as private property (there are exceptions IE: gov't offices). Az is a right to open carry state. We do not have to have a permit to open carry.

It is and has been a huge debate in the states for a very long time. There are a couple of threads that have covered this topic.

bigbrownhen

I agree with Dilli, there is no reason to bring a gun to work, as of now. Its against policy, you will loose your job, end of story.

Yes, I believe in gun rights, I have concitered getting a conceal carry permit, but still wouldn't bring it to work if it is still a violation of company policy. Its not worth my job.

Be aware of your surroundings, and do your best not to put yourself in a dangerous situation if possible.

Mike, I feel compelled to ask where you live?

JoeVser

I agree with the guy that said if they want the truck and contents,drop the keys and RUN! No life is worth a bunch of packages.
By the way,why does UPS call your delivery vehicles "package cars?" They look like trucks to me.....

M

Mike23

Sorry haven't replied in a bit. Living in Alberta right now. We used to have a gun registration act but I think we're slowly doing away with it. Shockingly, we found that people that kill people aren't people who own legit guns (shocking, I know!).

The big diff I think in Canada is that our Constitution of Rights and Freedoms are followed country wide and don't have 'exceptions' to them (as far as I know) in different provinces. We do have different provincial laws, obviously, but criminal code is criminal code and that's where our 'constitution' is followed country wide. I hope that didn't seem too biggity of me cause not trying to say Canada's better I think we just have it simpler because we have about half the provinces to the US' States, therefore we all kind of follow the leader when someone decides something. Well, except for Quebec but they're like our strange uncle that takes pictures of you when you're sleeping.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Here in Tennessee, there used to be a law that prohibits carrying firearms where ever alcohol is served. That law has now been overturned.

The rights of a gun owner to carry arms is there. But the rights of the person that is the land owner/renter are also to be considered. Therefor they have the right to insist that their place of business is off limits to those that carry.

That is coming with a price however, as more and more people are boycotting those businesses that prohibit guns.

As a practical matter, I have one during business hours, and several after hours. And while it will be a while before the trigger finger returns to "normal".......

Crimes are committed by criminals. And criminals will always have access to fire arms or other weapons. England is a good example. Guns in the hands of law abiding citizens are a crime deterrent.

Not only did this guy violate the terms of his employment, but he also showed lack of intelegence when he shot twice at a pup that was retreating.

Even without the violation of UPS policy, that lack of judgement should keep him from working at ups.

d

The-UK-Guy

Tea anyone ?
Here in Tennessee, there used to be a law that prohibits carrying firearms where ever alcohol is served. That law has now been overturned.

The rights of a gun owner to carry arms is there. But the rights of the person that is the land owner/renter are also to be considered. Therefor they have the right to insist that their place of business is off limits to those that carry.

That is coming with a price however, as more and more people are boycotting those businesses that prohibit guns.

As a practical matter, I have one during business hours, and several after hours. And while it will be a while before the trigger finger returns to "normal".......

Crimes are committed by criminals. And criminals will always have access to fire arms or other weapons. England is a good example. Guns in the hands of law abiding citizens are a crime deterrent.

Not only did this guy violate the terms of his employment, but he also showed lack of intelegence when he shot twice at a pup that was retreating.

Even without the violation of UPS policy, that lack of judgement should keep him from working at ups.

England is a good example of what ?

Last edited by a moderator: