Package Driver shoots dog

labels_up

Box slinger
I'm very pro-gun but no worries, as a part-timer UPS doesn't pay me enough to be able to afford a good quality handgun plus cost of the license..:raspberry-tounge:

M

Mike23

Hmm, this I think is fitting...If you're an old person on fire this may be offensive.

I Kill People

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
If it's you RIGHT it should make it so that UPS can't over ride it. It's you right and therefore cannot be forfeited for a bogus company policy. Otherwise it opens the door to all sorts of rights forfeiting like the right to socialize (we'll be told who we're allowed to communicate with and who not to at work). I tend to hold my rights very highly in my life and asking to forfeit one is, honestly to me, kind of treasonous. I'm not American though so not too sure how it's seen as in the states.

UPS isnt overriding our rights...they are merely limiting the excercise of them while on company time and property. I dont agree with UPS's "no gun" policy but I do agree with the fact that they have the right to make that policy, and since I want to continue being employed with UPS I will choose to obey that policy.

If it were up to me...employees like myself who have concealed handgun permits would be allowed to carry them while on duty. But its not up to me.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Crimes are committed by criminals. And criminals will always have access to fire arms or other weapons. England is a good example. Guns in the hands of law abiding citizens are a crime deterrent.d

Meaning no disrespect to our British cousins here, but our 2nd Amendment is the reason that we are "citizens" while (excuse me--"whilst") they are "subjects".

M

Mike23

UPS isnt overriding our rights...they are merely limiting the excercise of them while on company time and property. I dont agree with UPS's "no gun" policy but I do agree with the fact that they have the right to make that policy, and since I want to continue being employed with UPS I will choose to obey that policy.

If it were up to me...employees like myself who have concealed handgun permits would be allowed to carry them while on duty. But its not up to me.

That sort of looking at it black and white. UPS could also say, one day, not to speak with anyone from Iraq because US is at war with them and it give a bad public view of us. Once you start 'limiting' rights, where does it end? The laws were put into place for a reason, not for UPS to be able to over ride them (which I've noticed they tend to do as long as it saves them money).

There`s a hell of a lot less shootings and fatality`s though
Is there really? Seems I read some stats not too long ago that wasn't actually the case. I don't remember where I saw it though.
What your guns laws have done was open the door for criminals to walk through without worry of getting shot. They have also made otherwise law abiding people criminals for just protecting their families.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
All this talk of guns and the right (or lack thereof) to own them makes me happy that I live in AZ. I could not, in good conscience, move to or live in a state that does not allow me to own guns.

Me either Dilli. When I was in high school half of the vehicles in the school parking lot were pickups and half of those had gun racks in the back window, many had guns in the racks. In the warmer months of the year people didn't even roll the windows up and no one ever locked the doors. I don't remember ever hearing of a gun being stolen from a pickup. We didn't even know what registration of guns was. It was not uncommon to see someone with a pistol in a holster on their belt. You just couldn't hide it under your jacket. Then the State screwed up and started letting foriegners move into the state and it's gone down hill ever since.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Having grown up in a community where hunting season is a holiday (literally- the schools made opening day a fall holiday), it was not uncommon to see rifles on racks. When I was in school, it was what it was. Obviously you can't do that anymore (school grounds) because of Columbine and others, but you can still see a handgun on a hip in our local banks. You just won't see them in the local bar. Funny how the laws are.

tieguy

Banned
I agree with the guy that said if they want the truck and contents,drop the keys and RUN! No life is worth a bunch of packages.
By the way,why does UPS call your delivery vehicles "package cars?" They look like trucks to me.....

Its all marketing . Our clean cut image and shying away from the trucker image is what gets our drivers into the front doors of businesses. Thus our straight trucks become cars.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
There`s a hell of a lot less shootings and fatality`s though
With guns being outlawed, there should be no shootings at all. So you make my point. The outlaws have guns while the victim does not.

Here we even the field a bit.

As for less fatalities, per capita I dont think so. You Britts have been very good at improvising.:wink2:

d

P

pickup

With guns being outlawed, there should be no shootings at all. So you make my point. The outlaws have guns while the victim does not.

Here we even the field a bit.

As for less fatalities, per capita I dont think so. You Britts have been very good at improvising.:wink2:

d

I know this :in Switzerland, most adult males have firearms. Yet their robbery and homicide rate is less than the u.s and england.