Package Handler Muscle Gain/Body Changes

J

jibbs

When I started loading I weighed 145. Lost weight like a cancer victim to 125. now I weigh 130-140. I think the only way to gain is through a mindful diet and workout. Ball shrinking drugs might help, but who could deal with the rage working here?

If they need 'roids to load trucks, they need not load trucks.

I get pissed off everyday at work it seems. Little things build and build until it feels like I've the world on my shoulders, next thing you know a package goes flying by my trucks and I'm ready to go find an irreg heavy enough to go crush somebody's skull.

I can't imagine being able to handle that stress on top of the irritability (understatement) that comes with steroid use.

Rawrzxor

I wasn't expecting to gain 20-30 pounds in a year, though I expect I may gain 5-10 if I'm lucky.

I eat a lot (around 2800 calories per day) and very healthily, with lots of lean protein, two protein shakes (with peanut butter, milk, and fruit juice) a day, and creatine averaging around 140 grams of protein per day. I'll have to try the glutamine, I could really do with some less soreness.

My peak driver told me I'd lose a lot of weight then gain a lot of weight, but I wouldn't mind just toning up, either. I'll start hitting the gym after my muscles get used to loading (which can't come fast enough @_@). If I can get to 155, I'll be happy. 130 pounds is just too small. I was 136 in highschool while wrestling and playing football. xD

Hopefully, I can tone up and gain a little, but even then, since I want to be a driver in a couple years, it'll all go away when I'm running 8-10 hours a day. :( (But the money will be worth that) so, I guess the main thing I want is to at least get used to the stabbing, shooting, throbbing pain of over-training.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I was a package handler for 3 1/2 years and while the work got a little easier as I got stronger I kept my pudgy physique for the most part. When I went driving I dropped some weight when trying to make seniority but gained half of it back when I started "letting the machine do the work" and parking closer to my stops. For some the job is a huge physical changer, but for most it's not a super visible change unless you change your sedentary lifestyle at home and eat better.

ibleedbrown

shoot for a weight gain of at least 2 lbs per month, if it doesn't happen, eat more. loading is very physical and you will burn a ton of calories, just keep increasing your calories til you start to gain 2-4 lbs per month anymore than that and you will start storing too much excess fat.

rod

Retired 22 years
shoot for a weight gain of at least 2 lbs per month, if it doesn't happen, eat more. loading is very physical and you will burn a ton of calories, just keep increasing your calories til you start to gain 2-4 lbs per month anymore than that and you will start storing too much excess fat.

Or if he wanted to just wait a few years mother nature will take care of the weight gain.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I wasn't expecting to gain 20-30 pounds in a year, though I expect I may gain 5-10 if I'm lucky.

I eat a lot (around 2800 calories per day) and very healthily, with lots of lean protein, two protein shakes (with peanut butter, milk, and fruit juice) a day, and creatine averaging around 140 grams of protein per day. I'll have to try the glutamine, I could really do with some less soreness.

My peak driver told me I'd lose a lot of weight then gain a lot of weight, but I wouldn't mind just toning up, either. I'll start hitting the gym after my muscles get used to loading (which can't come fast enough @_@). If I can get to 155, I'll be happy. 130 pounds is just too small. I was 136 in highschool while wrestling and playing football. xD

Hopefully, I can tone up and gain a little, but even then, since I want to be a driver in a couple years, it'll all go away when I'm running 8-10 hours a day. :( (But the money will be worth that) so, I guess the main thing I want is to at least get used to the stabbing, shooting, throbbing pain of over-training.
Shoot for 2 grams per pound of your bodyweight with protein dude. 140 is way too little. Drink a gallon of water a day that helps keep you hydrated and will keep weight on also if your taking creatine. Creatine is great in the beginning. You will make big gains in strength and size for the first couple months on it. If you make some mrps don't be afraid to throw some extra whey protein, peanut butter, fruit or whatever have ya in it. The extra calories aren't going to turn ya into a fatty bro lol.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
If they need 'roids to load trucks, they need not load trucks.

I get pissed off everyday at work it seems. Little things build and build until it feels like I've the world on my shoulders, next thing you know a package goes flying by my trucks and I'm ready to go find an irreg heavy enough to go crush somebody's skull.

I can't imagine being able to handle that stress on top of the irritability (understatement) that comes with steroid use.
i feel ya...somedays are worse than others..lol

The Range

In too deep
And no one here is losing fat while gaining muscle. That is not the way this works. Gaining fat and muscle? Yes. Losing fat and losing muscle? Yes. A deficit is a deficit. A surplus is a surplus.

J

jibbs

I have lost fat and gained a ton of muscle.

But at the same time, though? That's difficult for most people to achieve.

It's much easier to lose fat and then gain muscle than it is to lose fat and gain muscle at the same time. Though I'm sure the heavier-set, more out-of-shape a person is, the more likely they'll be able to lose fat and gain muscle concurrently.

mixyo

Dispatcher
Working at UPS puts on very little muscle. You may gain a bit when new, especially if you started as a weakling, but your body quickly adapts to lifting packages. Growing any real muscle requires extremely intensive weight training. Progressively lifting heavier and heavier/ more reps.

People who think that muscle mass comes easy has never stepped foot in a gym.
I've gained a significant amount of muscle since starting at UPS, and continue to do so. But I suppose everyone is different.

Sent using BrownCafe App

The Range

In too deep
I have lost fat and gained a ton of muscle. Of course lifting is required.

What you are claiming completely flies in the face of modern exercise science. Are you saying that you are an alien? You did not gain muscle while losing fat. Please research the composition of a calorie. When you are burning fat your body is in a caloric deficit. Under these conditions you are not gaining muscle. What, do you also believe fat "transforms" into muscle? Give me a break. This is a ridiculous post. I shudder to think what other false-truths have been controlling your life.

JL 0513

I've gained a significant amount of muscle since starting at UPS, and continue to do so. But I suppose everyone is different.

Sent using BrownCafe App

That's not how muscle growth works. Muscles only grow when the load placed upon them continually increases. Muscle doesn't grow unless forced to. Day to day work at UPS, if you stay in the same position, is basically the same everyday. The boxes don't get heavier every week.

JL 0513

Yes, gaining muscle and losing fat simultaneously is virtually impossible. Even with Steroids. I'm always amused when people suggest they are accomplishing it or ask how to do it.

Muscle gain requires caloric surplus.

Fat loss requires calorie deficit.

How can one be in a surplus and a deficit at the same time?

browntroll

That's not how muscle growth works. Muscles only grow when the load placed upon them continually increases. Muscle doesn't grow unless forced to. Day to day work at UPS, if you stay in the same position, is basically the same everyday. The boxes don't get heavier every week.
they just seem like they do, maybe im just getting old and my joints cant handle it anymore. i cant say i have seen anyone
at UPS with a sick pack but then again i havent seen anyone without a shirt on. i believe your body gets used to the work and after
a while you stop gaining any muscle/mass from working in the same position. although im not shape i do find certain positions easy while
others i sweat like a pig.