Package Handler: Scanner caused a weird lump on my knuckle

Rawrzxor

Anyone else ever experience this? I don't wear gloves, so I guess it's just swollen from the abrasion. I've worked as a package handler for 8 months, and I've never had anything like that. Another guy at work has the same thing, but his look a bit worse. It's hard, lumpy

INB4 go to the doctor, it's $100 bucks for a visit without insurance. I'm just wondering if anyone else has experienced this, whether they started wearing gloves, and if it went away at some point.

F

FrigidAdCorrector

Never experienced it in my 18 months. Do your scanners still have the pads on them or did they fall off? Those buggers can scratch you up pretty good once they do fall off.

I tried scanning with gloves but ended up passing because it just felt awkward with the scanner strap around my fingers. Though I seem to be the minority on my sort.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Future

Victory Ride
Anyone else ever experience this? I don't wear gloves, so I guess it's just swollen from the abrasion. I've worked as a package handler for 8 months, and I've never had anything like that. Another guy at work has the same thing, but his look a bit worse. It's hard, lumpy

INB4 go to the doctor, it's $100 bucks for a visit without insurance. I'm just wondering if anyone else has experienced this, whether they started wearing gloves, and if it went away at some point.
Thats not from the scanner!!!!!

Future

Victory Ride
images.jpg
Possibly a ganglion cyst?
Yes, i would immediately see this Dr!

browntroll

never seen this, what kind of scanner? i have made a few ppl cut themselves on the printer by unloading too fast, i still feel bad about it.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I have had this same issue the past. It's from the pressure of the scanner pressing against your hand for so long, in combination with the movement of your fingers/hands. Much like everything else at UPS, it was set up to fail and will fail. They don't expect injury reports, though.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
That's probably caused by the radioactive material used to increase the scanning effectiveness.
The loss of a finger is not that big a deal.
Don't wear it on your thumb though ... the opposable digit is important to gripping.