Do the majority of UPS employees(the package handlers in particular) really hate their jobs...

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Kid please. I'm not concerned about my 30 days. I made it anyways.

No one cares if you have a college degree. It's not required and you know it. Everyone who doesn't have one makes the same pay as you, but hey, at least you're educated. Looks like it made a world of difference

The fact that you are even arguing what I said further proves my point. My best friend is a driver and I have gotten close to several and do landscape work for one. Is not thr hardest job in he world, not even close. Hate to burst your bubble

Get off your high horse you tool. You just sound like a huge V*.

Also, stop following me around in every thread I post in.

Oh you're fun. You know a few drivers and own a lawn business? Yeah I owned a landscaping business too while in college and ups. You aren't special big guy.

You never done the job and you're saying it's not hard???

You really are stupid. I mean we've all seen the quality of your posts and threads you start do there is no question about the level of your stupidity. It's definitely there in big quantities.

Nobody said you needed a college degree. Glad to see your reading comprehension is up to par. Most of the drivers I know have one though. It's more common then you know. I also know a lot of roofers too who have them as well.

An education does make a world of difference. For example, you lack one and it's obvious you're stupid as a rock. I'll take education over being someone like you any day of the week.

You sound like a big old piece of white trash in the trailer park. I'm betting my assessment of that is dead on.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Matty Ice, you have figured out quickly that BFF is a tool. Don't waste your time with him.

Says the guy who's wife divorced him and lives all alone in his awesome little condo.

How many times did ups reject your letter for management ??? Three??

The only waste on BC is you. We've all seen it and everyone who's been here long enough has had their run ins with you.

And you've lost every single time.

Dave, you get your ass handed to you in every post. Why? Because you have very little clue outside of your little bubble what life is.

That's why you have no marriage, no family that wants to live near you and no woman who would be you without financial compensation.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
Says the guy who's wife divorced him and lives all alone in his awesome little condo.

How many times did ups reject your letter for management ??? Three??

The only waste on BC is you. We've all seen it and everyone who's been here long enough has had their run ins with you.

And you've lost every single time.

Dave, you get your ass handed to you in every post. Why? Because you have very little clue outside of your little bubble what life is.

That's why you have no marriage, no family that wants to live near you and no woman who would be you without financial compensation.
image.jpeg

Gear

Parts on Order
Oh you're fun. You know a few drivers and own a lawn business? Yeah I owned a landscaping business too while in college and ups. You aren't special big guy.

You never done the job and you're saying it's not hard???

You really are stupid. I mean we've all seen the quality of your posts and threads you start do there is no question about the level of your stupidity. It's definitely there in big quantities.

Nobody said you needed a college degree. Glad to see your reading comprehension is up to par. Most of the drivers I know have one though. It's more common then you know. I also know a lot of roofers too who have them as well.

An education does make a world of difference. For example, you lack one and it's obvious you're stupid as a rock. I'll take education over being someone like you any day of the week.

You sound like a big old piece of white trash in the trailer park. I'm betting my assessment of that is dead on.

An education makes 0 difference with UPS hourly positions. Educated people get exactly the samething as the dumbest worker in the building. I know UPS mechs that cant read a multimeter, which is a basic tool. But they still get 35 an hour and eventually 6 weeks of vacation. Anywhere else they would be fired. We have all types of people, but at work we are the same.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
An education makes 0 difference with UPS hourly positions. Educated people get exactly the samething as the dumbest worker in the building. I know UPS mechs that cant read a multimeter, which is a basic tool. But they still get 35 an hour and eventually 6 weeks of vacation. Anywhere else they would be fired. We have all types of people, but at work we are the same.

Nobody including myself is debating that fact

wayfair

swollen member

just remind them that we have dental insurance!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

just remind them that we have dental insurance!

It's funny you mention that. We had a female preloader who was very cute but did not take the best care of her teeth. I don't know if she was afraid of going to the dentist or what but she refused to go even though she knew that it would be covered.

wayfair

swollen member
It's funny you mention that. We had a female preloader who was very cute but did not take the best care of her teeth. I don't know if she was afraid of going to the dentist or what but she refused to go even though she knew that it would be covered.

I'm talking about drivers....

Orion inc.

I like turtles
You should ask her out. Sounds like she'd be your type.

You just started. It's not a fun job. Started at 19 as preloader, once again not fun however when you're working 3.5 hours a day there's not too much to complain about. Now 23 and FT driver. Living at home. Money is good, hate the job. 9am and not clocking out until 730 is no fun. That being said, still living the dream.

Preload full timers hours are awful, but if you have kids you can actually see them and you have an idea of when you're done every night. Back breaking work inside, incredible amount of liability driving.

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
You just started. It's not a fun job. Started at 19 as preloader, once again not fun however when you're working 3.5 hours a day there's not too much to complain about. Now 23 and FT driver. Living at home. Money is good, hate the job. 9am and not clocking out until 730 is no fun. That being said, still living the dream.
Clocking out at 1030 isn't fun either...

Nimnim

The Nim
When I started I was in the unload. No issues there because I knew my job was just to get it out of the trailer, the people I worked with either made it great or meh. After that I moved to irregs and the pace is different and the demand is different. If another unloader is slacking it usually didn't effect me, but another irreg driver slacking off gave me extra work to do and usually increased the time I'd be working while supervisors would be scrambling and being a nuisance towards the end of the shift because someone else slacked off and there was still things left that should have been taken care of already.

Won't lie, that frustrated and irritated me for a long time, but I got to a point where I just didn't care anymore so now it's not so much a hate of the job but seeing things and saying "this sucks" but I'm paid by the hour afterall. Doesn't mean I like it when the shift before me leaves 2 hours of work behind or a coworker decides they don't want to do their job a given day, but it's work and I'm paid to move a package from point a to b and go home and relax after.

*Full disclosure, I'm not a perfect employee either and there's some days where I'm the weight dragging the crew down.

snarts

I swear you guys are the biggest bunch of babies ever.

No college education and make 100k+ a year delivering packages. Full paid benefits and pension,401k if you want. Union job security.

"But, but, but I have to carry a few heavy boxes up a flight of stairs maybe once a day"

How about the 50+ year old guys that do roofing, masonry, and framing who don't touch that pay or benefits and never complain about their job or their back hurting after a hard days work. In the cooler months do you guys even break a sweat?

They probably complained about getting too much homework when they were at school too.

I swear you guys are the biggest bunch of babies ever.

No college education and make 100k+ a year delivering packages. Full paid benefits and pension,401k if you want. Union job security.

"But, but, but I have to carry a few heavy boxes up a flight of stairs maybe once a day"

How about the 50+ year old guys that do roofing, masonry, and framing who don't touch that pay or benefits and never complain about their job or their back hurting after a hard days work. In the cooler months do you guys even break a sweat?
How about doing this job for 30 years and telling everyone how easy it is.
Nobody ever stopped those roofers from applying at UPS.

You got a lot to learn kid.