Package never scanned or delivered when dropped in drop box

Status
Not open for further replies.

john chesney

I dropped a package off in a drop box outside a UPS store and it never arrived to its destination. The tracking never changed from label created. I called Customer service 2 days later and they assured me it would still be delivered even if it wasn’t scanned. They actually contacted that ups store and the next morning the store called and spoke with me and went out to the drop box to ensure packages had been picked up and it had. They kept just telling me it would show up.

After the package had been undelivered after a week I had the company that had provided the return shipping label start and investigation because they would not allow me to (even though I’m the one that knows the specific details of when and where it was dropped off). They provided me the claim number and I emailed ups to provide the detailed info. It has now been 3 weeks and still no sign of this package!!!!

Where do lost/damaged packages go? How do they have no way of figuring this out? What can I do?
It takes a couple days to get judge to sign the no knock search warrant.

rod

Retired 22 years
I used to have regular postal letters stuffed in to one of my pickup boxes all the time. There was an old gal in town who couldn’t tell the difference between a UPS box and a Post Office box. I finally took her mail back to her and explained what she was doing wrong. The old bitty more or less accused me of stealing her mail. You can’t win.

oldngray

nowhere special
I used to have regular postal letters stuffed in to one of my pickup boxes all the time. There was an old gal in town who couldn’t tell the difference between a UPS box and a Post Office box. I finally took her mail back to her and explained what she was doing wrong. The old bitty more or less accused me of stealing her mail. You can’t win.

How many times did you have a customer stop you to give you a "UPS" package that clearly said USPS?

And they just get a glazed look when you try to explain the difference?

PT Car Washer

I used to just take the FedEx or USPS packages back to the center and FedEx or the mailman pick them up the next day. Unless they were FedEx Ground and then they would sit for days.

rod

Retired 22 years
How many times did you have a customer stop you to give you a "UPS" package that clearly said USPS?

And they just get a glazed look when you try to explain the difference?
I would venture to say a large portion of the older population still thinks that UPS is a part of the PO.

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba
if there was no label or it fell off, possibly the overgoods clerk was able to figure out where it was going and shipped it on its way with a new tracking number. check with the company and see if it arrived that way rather than tracking original number. next you can try asking the 1-800pickups for the number of your local center. call them and see if they can get with the overgoods clerk or security person to research what was sent to the main overgoods in the last three weeks. there will be descriptions of everything logged in the computer.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
I understand what this site is and you don’t have to answer if you don’t want to. I’m getting no answers elsewhere and figured you guys are the experts and would no more than I do so maybe you could find kindness and at least point me in the right direction.

I did not purchase the label as this was a return label sent to me by a company.

I securely taped the label and made sure it was completely cover to prevent water damage. It was sent in the very well made original box.

What does an “investigation” even consist of. Can they not see other packages that were picked up at the same location and if they were delivered. Surely there are cameras showing me drop it off. This is a large company that’s sole purpose to to get packages from point A to point B and I’m sure that doesn’t always happen so why does it seem like they have no idea what to do when one doesn’t.
r you returning the package to the company

Johney

Very funny, I said return label. It is an expensive package. And yes now I know I should have walked in the ups store and gotten a receipt. I have never had an issue with UPS and the drop boxes are there for a reason.
Mainly to used for letters and documents that are of no value. No one with any sense would put something of value in it and get no receipt.

H.E. Pennypacker

Mmm, Mombasa!
It probably wasn’t a ups label.
CO5nHzsU8AAcYsg.jpg

Turdferguson

Just a turd
This is a large company that’s sole purpose to to get packages from point A to point B and I’m sure that doesn’t always happen so why does it seem like they have no idea what to do when one doesn’t.
UPS has no profile that you dropped a package off in that drop box. They will not pay anyone anything. They are a big company because they won't pay claims on packages that they have never received. There is a reason that UPS won't deal with you is because what you are expecting is unreasonable and unrealistic. You've learned an expensive lesson

clean hairy

All we have is a person saying they put something in a drop box.
Nexr time, go in the ups store and get a receipt.
In this case, there is no proof of what you claim.

F

Frankie's Friend

It probably wasn’t a ups label.

Yeah these UPS mail innovations return packages that actually need to be dropped of at post office fool lots of people.

Many a USPS label dropped at a UPS box.
Evidently Ashley is tracking the pkg with the trkg number she has and the ups folks she spoke with wouldve told her already if the pkg wasnt a ups labeled shipment.

I understand what this site is and you don’t have to answer if you don’t want to. I’m getting no answers elsewhere and figured you guys are the experts and would no more than I do so maybe you could find kindness and at least point me in the right direction.

I did not purchase the label as this was a return label sent to me by a company.

I securely taped the label and made sure it was completely cover to prevent water damage. It was sent in the very well made original box.

What does an “investigation” even consist of. Can they not see other packages that were picked up at the same location and if they were delivered. Surely there are cameras showing me drop it off. This is a large company that’s sole purpose to to get packages from point A to point B and I’m sure that doesn’t always happen so why does it seem like they have no idea what to do when one doesn’t.
I would ask them to check in the top of the ups drop box because many pkgs will get lodged in there when the box is full and not drop down. Long shot but it happens alot. Especially if the drop box is picked up after dark, we can miss seeing it.

Next, if you know the time and day you put it in there ask the neighboring businesses if they have cameras that cover that area and maybe you can prove that you dropped the (a) pkg off there and since it was expensive other wheels may start turning via the police dept or ups Loss Prevention dept.

If you can prove you dropped it in the box you have a better chance of getting paid.

F

Frankie's Friend

UPS has no profile that you dropped a package off in that drop box. They will not pay anyone anything. They are a big company because they won't pay claims on packages that they have never received. There is a reason that UPS won't deal with you is because what you are expecting is unreasonable and unrealistic. You've learned an expensive lesson
She still has the burden of proof but getting it on video footage would help if she can find some business or residence with surveillance cameras that cover that box too.

Jackofnotrades

Was it a UPS return label from the company?

Jackofnotrades

May have been a surepost label. I would give USPS and FedEx a call with the return tracking number and see if it comes up in there data base

Star B

White Lightening
if I find a UPS labelled box in my dropbox I say finders keepers!
just kidding I put it in the USPS mailbox.

I have a tracking number for UPS and an investigation has been started, clearly a UPS label. Yes I am returning it to the company I bought it from which is why they sent me the shipping label. I dropped it off at a main UPS hub drop box.

I will never use a drop box again, have defiantly learned my lesson. I just don’t understand how it disappers. And shouldn’t they have cameras?

How do I contact an overgoods department?

Johney

if I find a UPS labelled box in my dropbox I say finders keepers!
just kidding I put it in the USPS mailbox.
That's better than what UPS does with FedEx boxes picked up in our drop boxes. I walk by the bin holding the FedEx boxes every night and I've seen the same boxes for over a month now.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
I have a tracking number for UPS and an investigation has been started, clearly a UPS label. Yes I am returning it to the company I bought it from which is why they sent me the shipping label. I dropped it off at a main UPS hub drop box.

I will never use a drop box again, have defiantly learned my lesson. I just don’t understand how it disappers. And shouldn’t they have cameras?

How do I contact an overgoods department?
Did you contact the company you were shipping it 2

Status
Not open for further replies.