Package never scanned or delivered when dropped in drop box

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackofnotrades

That's why she isn't responding anymore...you return something to Wal-Mart without a receipt, enjoy the gift card.... Always leave a paper trail

Simplymike

We had a driver a few years back give his helper the code to the drop box. He also told them the code is the same for most of the drop boxes in the area. Stuff went missing instantly.
I've since told people to get a drop off receipt. And never put a phone return in the box.

Thanks 542thrunthru. Clearly I had too much faith in a company to do its job. It was being sent in to get sized. Literally on the shipping label it said to drop it off at a store, in a drop box or schedule a pick up. Really did not see this happening, I do not ship a lot of packages. I have definitely learned my lesson.

The company sent it to me via UPS, I sent it back in the same box with the new label they provided and placed in a UPS drop box that is outside a UPS store that is on the same property as a major distribution center that I see tons of trucks pull out of every morning. Clear?!?!

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Thanks 542thrunthru. Clearly I had too much faith in a company to do its job. It was being sent in to get sized. Literally on the shipping label it said to drop it off at a store, in a drop box or schedule a pick up. Really did not see this happening, I do not ship a lot of packages. I have definitely learned my lesson.

The company sent it to me via UPS, I sent it back in the same box with the new label they provided and placed in a UPS drop box that is outside a UPS store that is on the same property as a major distribution center that I see tons of trucks pull out of every morning. Clear?!?!
maybe

Clearly very few of you care or are willing to give me any advise. I lost something very precious. I also feel like and idiot for putting it in a drop box and will NEVER use one again. But I can’t turn back time. Just looking for a solution to find it, I’m not asking UPS for money. I want MY ring.

542thruNthru

Well you assumed the driver was a thief. As a driver myself I wanted to show you what it felt like being called one yourself.

Mistakes happen. I highly doubt the driver stole it. Most times we have absolutely no idea whats in the box.

So what does an investigation consist of? Is anyone actually actively looking for the box? They made the company that doesn’t know the details of the drop off start the investigation and when I tried to give them additional info they did not seem to care.

542thruNthru

Clearly very few of you care or are willing to give me any advise. I lost something very precious. I also feel like and idiot for putting it in a drop box and will NEVER use one again. But I can’t turn back time. Just looking for a solution to find it, I’m not asking UPS for money. I want MY ring.

In all honesty there is nothing anyone can do but wait. Your package may have got lost in the hub. Ive seen packages found under or wedged in a conveyor belt that didn't get found for a few months.

Other then that there is no one you can call to really help you.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Usually if ups gets your package it is scanned in at some point of its journey. So here are the choices

your lying
it was stolen by the driver or ups store
it is lost somewhere and in overgoods

Those are the choices

542thruNthru

So what does an investigation consist of? Is anyone actually actively looking for the box? They made the company that doesn’t know the details of the drop off start the investigation and when I tried to give them additional info they did not seem to care.

The person that paid for the shipping is the customer in UPS eyes. So they won't really deal with you.

rod

Retired 22 years
Rings are pretty much meaningless anyway, been married 43 years, never owned or worn a wedding band.
Never bothered with them my self either. The first time I hooked a heavy package on it and about lost a finger that was all it took to get thrown in the jewelry box.

Status
Not open for further replies.