Package never scanned or delivered when dropped in drop box

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
She still has the burden of proof but getting it on video footage would help if she can find some business or residence with surveillance cameras that cover that box too.
All that would show is that something got put in the box. Without a scan on that package label she will get nothing

Did you contact the company you were shipping it 2

Yes, they are the ones that had to start the investigation. UPS tried to close it after a week and they called them and said no, find it. It’s still open. I’ve asked the company what happens if they don’t find it and have not gotten a response

worldwide

Very funny, I said return label. It is an expensive package. And yes now I know I should have walked in the ups store and gotten a receipt. I have never had an issue with UPS and the drop boxes are there for a reason.

No scan on the package = it never entered the UPS system. The driver picking up the box scans each package as they are taken out of the box. If the label somehow fell off the box within the drop box, the driver would have seen it. It's very unlikely that the package missed the driver scan, missed the origin scan at the building and then missed all subsequent scans within hubs, at the destination and at delivery.

In the remote possibility that the package got in the UPS system with no label on the box, it would get sent to overgoods pretty quickly and then photographed with a full product description (color of item, serial numbers, etc.) entered so anyone calling in looking for the item could simply provide the info and the item would be found pretty quickly.

If the company sent you a return label, that means they paid for the shipping and any excess value declaration so it's out of your hands and on them to file the claim. Again, no scans anywhere likely means no claim paid.

What was the item?

It was very well packaged and labeled. Sounds like the driver swiped it to be honest.

It was an engagement ring. That is why I am going to every extent I can to find it.

Jackofnotrades

I have a tracking number for UPS and an investigation has been started, clearly a UPS label. Yes I am returning it to the company I bought it from which is why they sent me the shipping label. I dropped it off at a main UPS hub drop box.

I will never use a drop box again, have defiantly learned my lesson. I just don’t understand how it disappers. And shouldn’t they have cameras?

How do I contact an overgoods department?
You said UPS Store. How were you able to drop it at a hub

542thruNthru

It was very well packaged and labeled. Sounds like the driver swiped it to be honest.

It was an engagement ring. That is why I am going to every extent I can to find it.

I think you wanted to keep the engagement ring but didn't want to pay for it. So you put a empty unlabeled box in the letter box so you could claim you sent it. That's why you didn't get a receipt at a UPS Store.

Just being honest like you. I mean seriously what kind of absolute idiot puts a very expensive ring in a letter box with out having any proof?

Status
Not open for further replies.