Packing a Lunch vs Buying

Seymour Packages

What has been your experience packing a lunch vs buying food every day? A few of the guys I have talked to either eat out every day, bring food from home 50% of the time, and one guy never eats out. He calculated how much he would spend buying a 5 to 7 dollar lunch 5 days a week vs investing that money over a year. It adds up. What do you guys do?

Disclaimer: Runners need not respond. If you skip lunch or don't eat, you have bigger problems.

GenericUsername

I honestly don't eat unless a customer has out snacks in front of their door. I normally pop the back door open (secured gated communities are amazing) and sleep on one of the back shelves for 45 or so minutes.

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
What has been your experience packing a lunch vs buying food every day? A few of the guys I have talked to either eat out every day, bring food from home 50% of the time, and one guy never eats out. He calculated how much he would spend buying a 5 to 7 dollar lunch 5 days a week vs investing that money over a year. It adds up. What do you guys do?

Disclaimer: Runners need not respond. If you skip lunch or don't eat, you have bigger problems.
I’ve packed a lunch every day on the job and swear by it. If you want to save money, you limit the amount of transactions you make. Every little gas station trip or fast food adds up immensely.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

I probably spend close to $15 a day on lunch and gas station snacks

I pack my lunch because I really don't have many place to eat on my route.

But I do not an occasional bowl with soup
IMG_20201012_135605046.jpg

JJinVA

I eat out for breakfast, lunch, and usually dinner. I spend a fortune on food. I dont even bother wondering how much Im losing because even if I knew it wouldnt drive me to go buy stuff and prepare it. I understand that Im not only paying for the food, but also the convenience of having someone else prepare it for me.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I eat out for breakfast, lunch, and usually dinner. I spend a fortune on food. I dont even bother wondering how much Im losing because even if I knew it wouldnt drive me to go buy stuff and prepare it. I understand that Im not only paying for the food, but also the convenience of having someone else prepare it for me.
Ahhhh forgot I breakfast. I easily spend over $20 a day on eating out.

SandSpida

I go through cycles of bringing vs buying. But even when I am bringing lunch I normally treat myself once a week to buying. As we all know, it adds up.

rod

Retired 22 years
I ate so much McDonalds, Dairy Queen and gas station junk food in my 30 years at UPS its a miracle I'm still alive. Sadly I still eat that crap.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I ate so much McDonalds, Dairy Queen and gas station junk food in my 30 years at UPS its a miracle I'm still alive. Sadly I still eat that crap.
Good thing ya never went to feeders. The guys who ate junk food every day usually blew up like ticks in their first year.

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
I prefer eating at home. Sam's club once a month for work food.

Gatorade, water, peanuts, beef jerky and fruit snacks.

It's easy to lose gains working at UPS.

820742_p_1

51j%2BR4mZmHL._AC_SY400_.jpg

Poop Head

Judge me.
Sunday night, i cook up a batch of chicken, sticky rice, and veggies. I divide it all out and roll them into sushi-like rolls, wrap them up, freeze most of them. Bring a few to work and take a bite when i go to the back to get pkgs throughout the day. Protien shake on lunch, after workout. Hella water all day. Then, after kids are sleeping and wife's done bitchin, i eat till im about to pop, then go to bed.