Palestinian-Israel Conflict (War?)

vantexan

50 million is possible if you include the millions purged by Stalin between the wars. Not from fighting in the wars.
And not all were Russians. The Soviet Union lost 20 million in WWII but a lot of those were soldiers from the other Soviet Republics. Nader is playing fast and loose with the numbers to bolster his argument.

MORS HOSTIBUS

"The U.S. didn't just indiscriminately bomb the population. They had rules of engagement that most troops adhered to".
That's what I'm talking about.

oldngray

nowhere special
And not all were Russians. The Soviet Union lost 20 million in WWII but a lot of those were soldiers from the other Soviet Republics. Nader is playing fast and loose with the numbers to bolster his argument.
It was an empire with the majority of conscripts not ethnic Russians.

MORS HOSTIBUS

I seems as if folks talk about the war like a football game. They are for their team and thats it. The response to the terrorist will be 10x. It's a human tragedy that the world will hold Isreal to the same standards the US troops are held to. We will not know the truth for 20 years, but in the meantime paybacks are hell.

vantexan

I seems as if folks talk about the war like a football game. They are for their team and thats it. The response to the terrorist will be 10x. It's a human tragedy that the world will hold Isreal to the same standards the US troops are held to. We will not know the truth for 20 years, but in the meantime paybacks are hell.
And would not be happening if Hamas hadn't attacked. This isn't a one off, it's a constant issue for the Israelis. Only this time it was so brutal that they have no choice but to invade.

I don't have some great love for Israel. And if they had decided to enter Gaza early one morning and started indiscriminately slaughtering innocent civilians I would fully support international condemnation and boycotts. But they're the wronged party here and Hamas is bringing down a terrible price on the heads of Gazans. If I were leading the Israelis I would flat out destroy Gaza. Totally level it, make it uninhabitable. Let the surrounding Arab states take in the refugees. Enough is enough. Or stick them all in the West Bank.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Yah, let's discount government estimates in favor of far Left wingers who make up numbers. The Iraqi census doesn't show a million less people. And contrary to the Left the U.S. didn't just indiscriminately bomb the population. They had rules of engagement that most troops adhered to. Troops that didn't, a small minority, were prosecuted. For example some soldiers raped a 14 yr old Iraqi girl in her home and murdered her and her entire family to cover it up. They were found out and prosecuted. I don't recall the exact sentence but I think some of them got the death penalty. The majority of civilian deaths were by al-Qaeda attacks.
The Iraqi census? Who delivers, returns and count thus census? The Iraqi post office? Lol!

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
This is the Ayalon Highway in Tel Aviv, Israel right now.
IMG_4308.jpeg

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I find it strange that other terrorist organizations are now claiming that they have a duty to stand in solidarity with the Palestinians.
Yet, no one has offered to Palestinians a place to go outside of Gaza.

rickyb

I find it strange that other terrorist organizations are now claiming that they have a duty to stand in solidarity with the Palestinians.
they cant leave lol - its an open air prison

vantexan

Maybe Israel should transport them all to the West Bank and totally level Gaza.