Palin Quits as Alaskan Governor

P

pickup

I think she might have had an affair with Drewed and resigned before the embarrassing news got out.

P

pickup

who would have thought that this young sports reporter in 1988, might be running for president in 2012?

Oh look! Knicks lost to the Nets. Nothing has changed .

P

pickup

the rematch , the Palin Stallion versus the Master of Disaster , Barack Obama

I know, technically, not a rematch, and yes, I know, the Stallion is by definition Male(disclaimer thrown in for satellite driver:wink2:).

I think she will be lifting hitting the books as opposed to the hitting the bag. Katie Kouric and Charles Gibson will have a tougher opponent in the next round of interviews.

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
Speculation.

Maybe something deeper and more personal needs to take priority in her life.

And perhaps whatever it is...it ain't our business and we should respect the turn of events.

tieguy

Banned
I just hope it's the last we hear from her.

Probably not :sad-little:.

I'm surprised she made the decision. the democratic party did a nice hatchet job on her. All out full court press that included going hard after her family. her best tactic may have been to continue to build up excellent results as the governor of alaska and then use those results as her resume. Or to run for a senatorial position and use that as a step up. It seems like her resigning from the governorship is actually a step away from credibility. I don't see her gaining anything with this move if her intent is to run for the presidency. All is not lost though. the general consensus after Bush won in 2004 was that the democratic party was in ruins. Yet they were able to rebound quickly. Palin though needs a little more polish before she is ready to be the one that leads the republican party back into prominence.

so being somewhat of a skeptic I'm afraid we will soon find out that Governor Palin has yet some more undiscovered skeletons in her closet.
I hope I'm wrong. I think she has some qualities that would bring a refreshing change to our politics as usual game.

brett636

I do find the move to be a little strange, and it appears there is no consensus on what she is planning for her future as some pundits believed she is getting out of politics for good while others believe she is prepping herself to be the next POTUS. I seriously hope its the latter as we need more people like her on the national stage.

JimJimmyJames

Big Time Feeder Driver
No matter what good qualities she may have it is not enough for her political career. She has been lampooned too much for her to recover credibility. At least on a national level. And now that she has resigned as governor, as tieguy has pointed out, she might have lost credibility, even at the state level.

Reminds me of what they did to Dan Quayle. When the media wants to make a joke of you, it is hard to come back from that.

That is why I hope she goes away. We don't need distractions.

diesel96

hmmm. Hope its for the reason stated.

She stated a reason she's quitting ??? If she did, it must of been some esp :future: or sublimittal message. She really danced :dance:around her issues with the sports analogies. IMO having a $7 million book deal plus future speaking and attendance engagements, maybe even a TV show and ultimately become the conservative equivilant to Oprah...Go team ...Go...:goteam:.....pass the ball so the team can win.....firecracker, firecracker, swish, boom bah.....

browndevil

She stated a reason she's quitting ??? If she did, it must of been some esp :future: or sublimittal message. She really danced :dance:around her issues with the sports analogies. IMO having a $7 million book deal plus future speaking and attendance engagements, maybe even a TV show and ultimately become the conservative equivilant to Oprah...Go team ...Go...:goteam:.....pass the ball so the team can win.....firecracker, firecracker, swish, boom bah.....
To quit something she started a year early? Another reason why we dodged a bullet on that.
I have to agree maybe a book deal or her own talk show on FOX either way cha-ching $$$$$
I guess now California can go back to having the hottest governor. Ladies your thoughts?

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
I guess now California can go back to having the hottest governor. Ladies your thoughts?
Cal-lee-fornee-ya - no, no, AAh-nold not hot.
:weightlifter:
Too much muscle.

(Reference: Ed Hoculi...ARMS!!! - triceps...biceps..popeye forearms...)

Jeb Bush...HOT...:crazy:

insert cigarette break here ----------------------------->

Myself...I would give Sanford another look...just because...let me grab my beer goggles :beerhat:.

Last edited:

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
We do NOT need Palin to be our next President.

I've said it before and I'll say it again; I do NOT want someone who speaks in toungues and believes that we live in the "end times" to have the launch codes for 2500 nuclear warheads.

over9five

Staff member
And yet now we have a (former) cocaine snorter/pothead who has those launch codes.

As a public servant with a history of drug abuse, can't we at least give him random drug tests? Like firemen and police officers get?